New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leejuan View Post
    Nakakaikita din ako ng mga Nissan GX 2004 na pasok sa budget, kaso pag inquire ko SOLD nung isang araw lang daw. Oh man. Kala ko crisis, hirap pala maghanap.
    nissan sentra 2004 is a good buy. the current model which is available in the market is the same with the sentra way back in 2004.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    get a nissan exalta 2000-2001 model... wala ka ng proproblemahin dyan engine wise and lots of power and torque if compared to the Honda City. and yes, its bigger, and great aircon and timing chain.

i believe that your budget of 250k will be more than enough where you can save around 20k for repairs pa.

my bro-in-law got one for 227k.
    Vlad, woodtrim on beige naba interior nyan?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi i have 2001 honda city type z, 225net
    Quote Originally Posted by leejuan View Post
    Hi guys im leejuan and im new here. I would like to get advice and tips on what type of 2nd hand car would fit my budget of 250k(plus i have savings of around 10-15k for needed repairs).

I prefer a car of 2000 and up models. I'm contemplating on buying this Honda City 2003 LXI Type Z. I just checked it last week, and seems to be in good condition. I also looked for 2000 and up models of Toyota cars, and 2004 models of Honda cars but i believe it doesn't match my budget anymore.

Pls. give me ideas and suggestions guys. Thank you very much in advance.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    up ko lang po. with the permission of leejuan.

Im also planning to buy a 2nd hand car. my budget is between 150 to 250

Pang araw araw na drive and the occasional barkada/family week-enders.

my criteria are as follows:

1. looks;
    2. Fuel Effeciency;
    3. Easy to maintain (madaling hanapan ng parts at mura);
    4. Matibay/Low maintenance;
    5. Powerful, comfortable, and madaling i drive.

More or less in that order of importance. hehehe.

Thanks in advance..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men View Post
    up ko lang po. with the permission of leejuan.

Im also planning to buy a 2nd hand car. my budget is between 150 to 250

Pang araw araw na drive and the occasional barkada/family week-enders.

my criteria are as follows:

1. looks;
    2. Fuel Effeciency;
    3. Easy to maintain (madaling hanapan ng parts at mura);
    4. Matibay/Low maintenance;
    5. Powerful, comfortable, and madaling i drive.

More or less in that order of importance. hehehe.

Thanks in advance..
    Corolla gli lovelife, exalta, city or yun nga, sentra 2004

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir ano masasabi nyu sa 97 honda vti MT for 235 (neg)?

How about accord the 90's model (94-97 ata) or the galant "shark" body? how bad is the fuel efficiency nitong dalawang e2 compared to the mainstream (average).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The galant and the accord are both gas-guzzlers. They just average from 6-7kpl. Worst is 5.5kpl ( i think ) City driving iyan.

If I were you sir, I`d get newer, much more fuel efficient cars. Yes the accord is elegant with it's looks and it's incredibly fast. But who needs fast cars when you're here in manila?

About the civic sir. Yes it is priced that way, about 200+ thousand. However, if you're going to look at the downsides, that car is 12 years! Problems might pop up in the very near future. Im not here to pull your car of your type down, im just telling what might be the consequences.

Yeah, some cars in that age are very well maintained, well, if thats the car of your type just make sure sir that its in running condition, no problems etc etc. Anyways mahahalata mo naman kaagad yan, labas pa lang.

How about the Nissan Exalta sir? The year model is just 2004, so it's just about 5 years of age.

Anyways, all I can say is buy the car where your heart sticks in. Kumbaga, bilhin mo ang kotseng pumapantig ng iyong puso.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks. sir Renzo.

Im not too keen on getting the Honda Civic either.

Although looks-wise, im realy drooling for that accord (yung luma) or the galant(shark)but i always hear complaints about Fuel Eff. for those models.

I think Nissan Sentra or Exalta would be my best bet (as advised) the newer toyotas are still very expensive. Optra, i saw one or two units on sale more or less 300k astig sa loob but mahal pala parts.

Are the 2000-2001 Accords also Gas Guzllers? (nasa 300k are din sya e)

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Advise ko lang, if your concern is fuel efficiency, wag ka maghanap ng dos litros na auto, lalo na mga lumang model. We have both 97 accord 2.2 and 2000 civic 1.5, yung accord nasa 6-7 km mix, yung civic nsa 9 to 9.5 km mix. Masmasarap sakyan yung malalaking auto, mas stable pero parang mabigat ang kaha. Yun lang yung nacompare ko dun sa 2. Ok din naman ako sa civic magaan sya kahit 1.5 lang matulin din pang city driving. Good luck sa paghanap.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Fuel Effeciency sir is a concern pero there are also other factors na tintingnan ko like the "look" and maintenance (availability of parts and price at kung madaling masira). Pero sa mahal ng gas ngayon, admittedly major concern ko ang Fuel Eff. i dont wanna end up naman with a super "pogi" car but end up not using it dahil sa mahal ng gas.

BTW, ano pinagkaiba ng Sentra at Exalta other than the looks (iba pa ba ang "exalta" sa "exalta grandeur" or same lang) and which is better?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
250k Budget, Pls. help on finding/buying a 2nd Hand Car