New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hi.

Im looking for 2nd hand cars (Automatic).
    Budget ko is around 250-260k. Gagamitin lang bahay-office-bahay and siguro minsan ipangoout of town.
    Newbie driver lang. Just got my license last month.

-Most of the time 2 lang kami na sasakay (me and my gf)
    -250-260k budget
    -looking for FC cars, cheap imaintain
    -gagamitin for 3-4 years lang.
    -medium built
    -Paranaque-BGC-Paranaque lang Mon-Fri gagamitin (except kung coding)
    -ok lang samen kahit compact cars.

Here are the choices i've seen so far: (sa online ko lang nakita)
    1. Suzuki Celerio 2009 - Php260,000 - (d ko pa alam odo)
    2. Altis E 2007 - 258,000 - 80k odo
    3. Hyundai i10 GLS 2010 - 260,000 - (d ko alam odo)
    4. Honda Jazz 2004 - 260,000 - 100k odo
    5. Altis G 2007 - 250,000 - (d ko alam odo)

Pls. share your thoughts.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Go for the Altis. A compact is a better choice over a subcompact or a mini car.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'll go for i10 para pinakabata sa lahat. Or even eon. Mga 2012 or 2013 eon. Fresh na fresh pa yan. Wag lang nabaha

4. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Thanks sa output mga sir.

Im also considering Honda City. Type ko kasi talga to. eto ung nagamit kong automatic car na comfortable. out of the budget kasi nasa 280k. I can save a little para mabili ko sya.

Question ko lang regarding City kung mahal ba mga parts and maintenance? I've heard kasi na pagHonda, mahal. ano po kayang issue pag city?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_in5 View Post
    Thanks sa output mga sir.

Im also considering Honda City. Type ko kasi talga to. eto ung nagamit kong automatic car na comfortable. out of the budget kasi nasa 280k. I can save a little para mabili ko sya.

Question ko lang regarding City kung mahal ba mga parts and maintenance? I've heard kasi na pagHonda, mahal. ano po kayang issue pag city?
    If going for the City, opt for models 2009 or younger (GE chassis) and choose the 1.5L variant. It is spacious for a subcompact and has a big trunk. It is also quite fuel efficient. We used one before plying the same route (Paranaque-Makati CBD/BGC-Paranaque) and we get about 10 km/L on normal daily traffic conditions.

Maintenance is quite easy as you change oil every 6 months or 10k km (whichever comes first). Usual consumable parts (oil, fluids, spark plugs, air filter) are easy to source out. For AT or brake fluids, it is best to buy them from the casa as Honda uses proprietary fluids for their cars. However, you only need to change AT fluid every 40k km (around 4L). A major part breakdown may not be that easy to source so the casa is your option as I have found out before that such parts are priced about the same from auto shops.

Downside is that the car is not that sporty and responsive. Acceleration will not be like the Civic or Accord. The engine needs to be revved hard to its VTEC stages (3k, 4k, 5k rpm) to achieve some amount of grunt to push it forward. Once you get past the slow acceleration, the car cruises just fine on highway speeds (100 kmh). The 1.3L AT models will be much slower and needs to be pushed harder. The electronic power steering feels a bit numb and will not provide a good amount of feel compared to older cars with hydraulic power steering systems. Also, the rear suspension has that "ka-blag" or trashy feel when you are too aggressive approaching humps or potholes.

Resale value of the GE City would be around 300k-350k. If you ask me, for that amount of money, you might be better off with a Civic FD (2006-2008). It is a better car over the City GE. Fuel efficiency might be less (8 km/L) but you get a bigger, more comfortable, and better performing car.
    Last edited by Egan101; February 15th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For 250k with your budget, I'd suggest the Vios 1.5G AT.

It's more efficient than the Altis and Civic in the same price range. The Altis rides better though and has more space, so if you find a good one at 250k, you can consider it too. Guys over at ACP claim about 8 km/L in city driving for the 9th gen Altis.

Personally, for the same price I went for a Mazda 3 2.0. Faster, looks better, has much more features. Only drawback (pretty big one for you I'd think) is that ang lakas sa gas - I'm only getting 5-6 km/L. Pero sulit naman - I love driving it and it still looks good for a 12 year old car:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    My vote goes for the altis. Since thats within your budget. Pero kung mas feel mo yung honda city palagay ko mas magiging masaya ka doon, kung di ka naman yata nagmamadali edi ipon kapa ng konti para masunud mo yung gustu mo. Since baguhan kalang sa car, magsama kanalang ng trusted mechanic para macheck ng maayus nang medyu iwas salit sa ulo kung sakali may tama. Good luck

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    jut has a point suggesting the Mazda3 2.0L. It is one of the sportier compacts of that era. Another sporty option would be the Focus Sport HB 2.0L (2005-2007). There are a bunch being sold at around 250k nowadays.

If you want a comfort-oriented compact sedan, take a look also at a Nissan Sentra GS. They are priced low in the resale market so you can get a younger car for your budget.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Focus is newer, but I just can't get over that awful interior. Exterior also isn't as timeless as the Mazda 3. But if the Focus is more your taste than the Mazda 3, then go for it - they're essentially the same car underneath.

Yun nga lang, the FC is not as good as a Vios. Parts are also not as cheap. If you only need a point A to point B car that won't be a headache, get the Vios.

You mentioned the City and Jazz - the models within your budget are powered by CVTs - hindi maganda ang lumang CVT ng Honda, sirain yan. Since you can't be sure how well the previous owner took care of the car, regular automatics are easier to take care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    considering budget?
    Altis para after 3-4 years ok parin ang presyo. Experienced this with a used Toyota then resell it after 3 years.
    Last choice nalang yung Kia / Hyundai, as we all know, resale value really goes low for Korean cars.

status symbol and like to feel good?
    Get a Honda/Ford/Mazda.

just stay away from online sellers that will ask for reservation fees because of "rush sale" baka mabenta na sa iba.
    don't be the next victim of those scams and your hard earned money gone.
    always bring a trusted mechanic when checking a 2nd hand car.
    happy searching!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast