New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I need your opinion on this guys. Will buy before the end of the year before the new excise tax kicks in.

Practically, we need a 7-seater as our family car of 5 adults and two (2) 10-year-old kids. One of our family members wants a 4-wheel drive as personal preference and he is leaning towards Honda CRV 7-seater. However, I find it not spacious enough as a family car.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Five adults and two kids can comfortably seat in the MUX. People find the Montero a bit cramped; if you can live with it then its a good buy too. Have you done test drives and brought your family with you?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hindi po. It was only me who went to the casa but i can really tell that MUX can comfortably accommodate 7 pax. But the other choices have the other strengths, namely, better interior design/features and better handling/steering. I am not sure of about the comfort of the driver and the passengers. Im thinking about long drives, kawawa naman passengers if the seats are dreadfully cramped to sit it. Sa Monty, bearable naman pero sa CRV talagang sacrificed ang space/legroom. I have to check it again bringing someone to sit on the second and third rows and get their comments.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Bring 2 warm bodies and ask someone in the dealership so you can seat three in the second row during a test drive.

And don't forget to be rough on the test drive car; no brakes on potholes and humps so they can give their unbiased opinion on the ride comfort.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Bring 2 warm bodies and ask someone in the dealership so you can seat three in the second row during a test drive.

And don't forget to be rough on the test drive car; no brakes on potholes and humps so they can give their unbiased opinion on the ride comfort.
    Lol on the "2 warm bodies".

I wouldn't recommend yung third row seats ng CR-V. Ok lang sya sa short trips pero kung long drive, kawawa ang nakaupo dun.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the crv is NOT a 7-seater. you can fit 7 but you will have 5 sore passengers at the back. it is also NOT a real 4wd. those are all honda marketing hype and only wide eyed first time buyers fall for it.

if you can live with the plastics then the muX is your best bet. pa-upholster mo na lang yung plastics nya, pabalot mo ng leather/leatherette. kaya nila yan sa car seat shops. magtanong ka sa kanila how much alam naman ni mr. google phone numbers nila.

kung puro kayo payat pwede na ang montero. montero ang pinakamasikip ang 2nd row sa lahat ng ppv. may incentive pa family mo to stay healthy kasi pag tumaba sila di na sila kasama sa lakad nyo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the crv is NOT a 7-seater. you can fit 7 but you will have 5 sore passengers at the back. it is also NOT a real 4wd. those are all honda marketing hype and only wide eyed first time buyers fall for it.

if you can live with the plastics then the muX is your best bet. pa-upholster mo na lang yung plastics nya, pabalot mo ng leather/leatherette. kaya nila yan sa car seat shops. magtanong ka sa kanila how much alam naman ni mr. google phone numbers nila.

kung puro kayo payat pwede na ang montero. montero ang pinakamasikip ang 2nd row sa lahat ng ppv. may incentive pa family mo to stay healthy kasi pag tumaba sila di na sila kasama sa lakad nyo.
    most powerful mux blue ngayon sa lahat ppv [emoji12]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    test drive the mux.. try parallel parking with it. note the steering heaviness/lightness 😉

post your feedback thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 17th, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the replies/posts.

I guess the CRV is out of the race in this one. I agree that it's not a real 7-seater. Mahirap talaga pilitin. It will defeat our purpose of buying a family car. Baka may maiwan sa bahay. More so paglaki ng mga kids, granting will keep it in 5-6 years or maybe when somebody else happens to ride with us.

I just have to choose among PPVs. I did not notice about Monty's smaller 2nd and 3rd rows' spaces/legroom compared to MUX. Will check it again.

By the way, the 2018 MUX has slightly improved interior. Portions of it are already with leather/leatherette. Also improved seats. Both Has slight improved but not in par with monty's. I also received comments about its heavy handling. Montero meanhile got good reviews on its handling/steering.

I am not keen on having a test drive and have my information entered in the casa's database for further transaction with a sales agent. I plan to negotiate directly with my bank once i have decided which one to buy to get the best deal. Done this before.

Anyway, what do you think about the Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 Z71? I plan though to take a look at it personally next week for comparison just to give me a peace of mind.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by deveangeorge View Post
    Thanks for the replies/posts.

I guess the CRV is out of the race in this one. I agree that it's not a real 7-seater. Mahirap talaga pilitin. It will defeat our purpose of buying a family car. Baka may maiwan sa bahay. More so paglaki ng mga kids, granting will keep it in 5-6 years or maybe when somebody else happens to ride with us.

I just have to choose among PPVs. I did not notice about Monty's smaller 2nd and 3rd rows' spaces/legroom compared to MUX. Will check it again.

By the way, the 2018 MUX has slightly improved interior. Portions of it are already with leather/leatherette. Also improved seats. Both Has slight improved but not in par with monty's. I also received comments about its heavy handling. Montero meanhile got good reviews on its handling/steering.

I am not keen on having a test drive and have my information entered in the casa's database for further transaction with a sales agent. I plan to negotiate directly with my bank once i have decided which one to buy to get the best deal. Done this before.

Anyway, what do you think about the Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 Z71? I plan though to take a look at it personally next week for comparison just to give me a peace of mind.
    On the test drive, driver's license lang naman ang hihingin sayo na ID. Then sign lang sa waiver.

Just don't give your TIN para hindi iabang sa in house financing nila.

I also deal directly with the bank. I got to test drive the CX-5 and wala naman nangugulit sa akin na agent. Ok din kasi na matest drive mo ang cars.

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast