New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmaetal View Post
    Just came across this thread. We (Dad and I) are actually about to acquire the Kia Karga K2500 4x4 for our farm... Our choices were the:

L300
    K2500 4x4
    Jac X200
    Foton Tornado MPV
    Jac Prince MPV

L300: Tried and tested, Dad used to have one before. But decided not to pick the L300 since this will be my personal vehicle to replace my Wigo (Ye, good luck with a Wigo for farm use lol)

Karga K2500 4x4: Our pick because it is more comfortable vs L300 and the bonus is the 4x4 option, which we need in our farm.

Jac X200: Maybe the 3rd pick. But I have not seen this on the road near our province.

Foton Tornado MPV: Previous 2nd pick, but due to its bigger size, when we have errands in Manila I'll surely have problems with parking spaces. Don't want to park illegally, and parking in my sister-in-law's condo is tiny

Jac Prince: Former 1st pick but due to size issues, we decided to go for the slightly smaller options
    Actually all of the others are relatively untested. The L300 has an all new engine never before seen in the market. The JAC you will definitely have parts problems especially if it is not an Isuzu clone and you do not live near their dealership. Foton, the Cummins is probably good but again, parts problems if you live in the province. The Kia is definitely a good choice as you said, it is the only one that comes with 4x4. If I'm not mistaken, the new Euro 4 engine also happens to be a detuned version of the Grand Starex engine, so it appears that it is actually the only one here that is tried and tested.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Actually all of the others are relatively untested. The L300 has an all new engine never before seen in the market. The JAC you will definitely have parts problems especially if it is not an Isuzu clone and you do not live near their dealership. Foton, the Cummins is probably good but again, parts problems if you live in the province. The Kia is definitely a good choice as you said, it is the only one that comes with 4x4. If I'm not mistaken, the new Euro 4 engine also happens to be a detuned version of the Grand Starex engine, so it appears that it is actually the only one here that is tried and tested.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk
    true. even if it is an an isuzu clone some parts are still not transferrable.

4x4 and a lot more power (at least on paper) with the kia 128hp 255nm vs l300 98hp and 200nm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12