1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    From the 2 choices, I’d pick the XV.

- all wheel drive
    - stiffer chassis
    - apple carplay and android auto built in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hrv has no carplay and Android auto sir?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post

IIRC, the UI was pretty basic when we turned it on. Sa XV naman, we got to test it on 2 phones (mine and my wife's).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

None. It doesn't use the newer head unit like on the CRV or Civic.

Diba you have a Civic na? The HRV will feel like a step down in terms of interior quality. Dashboard design isn't up to par with the new gen of Hondas (Civic, CRV). It even uses the steering wheel from the FB Civic so it feels dated to me. Surprisingly, maluwag siya despite the deceptively small exterior, but not as spacious as the Civic parin.

I'd suggest the XV instead. Feels very grown up compared to the previous generation. Also has more space which was my biggest gripe with the old one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    None. It doesn't use the newer head unit like on the CRV or Civic.

Diba you have a Civic na? The HRV will feel like a step down in terms of interior quality. Dashboard design isn't up to par with the new gen of Hondas (Civic, CRV). It even uses the steering wheel from the FB Civic so it feels dated to me. Surprisingly, maluwag siya despite the deceptively small exterior, but not as spacious as the Civic parin.

I'd suggest the XV instead. Feels very grown up compared to the previous generation. Also has more space which was my biggest gripe with the old one.

Yes sir jut, I have the civic. Haay so what you said is precisely the reason why, kase I kept on wondering why sa cost ay magka lapit sila, yet suv crossover body ang hrv vs the civic, kase nga siguro sa mga sinabi mong pagkukulang sa interior, sa HU, etc ng hrv. Tsk.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes sir jut, I have the civic. Haay so what you said is precisely the reason why, kase I kept on wondering why sa cost ay magka lapit sila, yet suv crossover body ang hrv vs the civic, kase nga siguro sa mga sinabi mong pagkukulang sa interior, sa HU, etc ng hrv. Tsk.

Yes. The Civic is closer to the CRV in terms of interior quality. Same head unit, similar digital instrument cluster, etc.

If you want to have the same premium feel as the Civic (a bit more premium actually) plus more space, higher ground clearance, and a more comfortable ride - it's really the CRV that you should be looking at rather than the HRV.

At least with the XV, it's completely different so it's not comparable and it'll be a new experience altogether.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yes sir jut, I have the civic. Haay so what you said is precisely the reason why, kase I kept on wondering why sa cost ay magka lapit sila, yet suv crossover body ang hrv vs the civic

Crossovers have higher profit margins ...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Which has better ride comfort? ... Honda Civic or Honda CR-V? ...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes. The Civic is closer to the CRV in terms of interior quality. Same head unit, similar digital instrument cluster, etc.

If you want to have the same premium feel as the Civic (a bit more premium actually) plus more space, higher ground clearance, and a more comfortable ride - it's really the CRV that you should be looking at rather than the HRV.

At least with the XV, it's completely different so it's not comparable and it'll be a new experience altogether.

Buti nalaman ko to para ma consider namin sa decision namin, though for the hrv base model, malaki bagay din sa amin yung features such as smart entry, push start, folding side mirrors, speed sensing lock... Tsk. Nabigla lang Talaga ako when I hopped in and saw the dashboard and interior, iba itsura. Have yet to drive it also though. Will visit Subaru dealer to see the XV.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Which has better ride comfort? ... Honda Civic or Honda CR-V? ...
    The one with the longer wheelbase and lower ride height, generally does have a better ride or comfort, yes?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Buti nalaman ko to para ma consider namin sa decision namin, though for the hrv base model, malaki bagay din sa amin yung features such as smart entry, push start, folding side mirrors, speed sensing lock... Tsk. Nabigla lang Talaga ako when I hopped in and saw the dashboard and interior, iba itsura. Have yet to drive it also though. Will visit Subaru dealer to see the XV.
    The XV has all of that except the speed sensing lock. Still waiting for the plug-and-play module for the 2018 model.

The base model XV also doesn't have sensors or a camera. We had a dashcam/rearview mirror/rear camera combo invisibly installed in one of the well-known shops in Makati.

If you're near enough to BGC both the Subaru and Honda dealers have test drive units available. Honda's test route is around High Street while Subaru's is around Uptown Parade.

Do take note that the test drive units usually have their tires pumped up to 40 psi or higher so ride quality might be affected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast