New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    See the condition of the car.. 2017 model kia rio for 350k is good buy given its in good condition... 2009 - 2012 model is already old tapos 100k pa mileage.... for sure your 50k might not be enough for repairs especially if you opt for original parts..

Parts for kia are cheaper even the original parts.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    See the condition of the car.. 2017 model kia rio for 350k is good buy given its in good condition... 2009 - 2012 model is already old tapos 100k pa mileage.... for sure your 50k might not be enough for repairs especially if you opt for original parts..

Parts for kia are cheaper even the original parts.
    Thank you sa comment mo sir malaking tulong. Anyway pa OT, sa 2014/2015 Vios po ba kahit 100K plus mileage, still a good buy considering good condition pa at 350k pesos?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by admercelle View Post
    Thank you sa comment mo sir malaking tulong. Anyway pa OT, sa 2014/2015 Vios po ba kahit 100K plus mileage, still a good buy considering good condition pa at 350k pesos?
    Kung ako po ang bumibili ng car and i have 350k cash.. ill buy the latest model with the lowest mileage i can buy with my 350k.. but make sure the car mileage is not tampered or the car was flooded..

Compare the two cars and check where you will get the most... dont worry about the parts.. both cars have good sources of parts especially if you know where to buy.. and both are "basic" cars

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Kung ako po ang bumibili ng car and i have 350k cash.. ill buy the latest model with the lowest mileage i can buy with my 350k.. but make sure the car mileage is not tampered or the car was flooded..

Compare the two cars and check where you will get the most... dont worry about the parts.. both cars have good sources of parts especially if you know where to buy.. and both are "basic" cars
    Ok po sir napaka laking tulong po ng mga sinabi nyu. Kung disidido na talaga ako magdadala ako ng mechanic para mag overall check sa sasakyan kahit bayaran ko just to make sure na walang hidden issues

Yung flooded mukhang madali ma check pero yung tampered odo mukhang mahirap ata yan sir kasi nakita ko sa internet ginagamitan ng device na parang scanner.. hmmm

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Okay po sir consider ko po yung mga unit na yan Anyway sir, hindi po pa recommended yung mga korean cars? Bakit po?
    Ok naman Korean cars. Good experience namin with a 2010 Sorento. However, if a major part needs replacement, it could be a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The rear shocks of the accent is very short. do not get this accent.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ok naman Korean cars. Good experience namin with a 2010 Sorento. However, if a major part needs replacement, it could be a challenge.

Pero marami na ako nakikita mga taxi na hyundai at kia sir, sana madali lang makahanap at sana walang masira na major parts sa bibilhin ko hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The rear shocks of the accent is very short. do not get this accent.
    Ah yes buti nasabi mo sir pansin ko din yan hindi mababa ang rear na gulong ng accent, sa shocks pala yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Pero marami na ako nakikita mga taxi na hyundai at kia sir, sana madali lang makahanap at sana walang masira na major parts sa bibilhin ko hehe.

Ah yes buti nasabi mo sir pansin ko din yan hindi mababa ang rear na gulong ng accent, sa shocks pala yan.
    when i said it was short. it had low capacity.

you're talking about the tire-to-fender gap.

back to your original post, the kia 1.6 will have more power obivously thus faster but to the expense of fuel use. though not that much. I think this rio(IF 4th Generation 2017+) has a newer suspension setup. the newer generation korean models have better suspensions overall.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TS if this is your first car i would consider getting jap car for better parts availability and service... sorry to korean and china car owners, nothing againts you... Just my opinion...

Also, looking for second hand car is not easy if you are looking for reliabilty... so for me, jap car will solve at least a portion of the realibility concern...

Sige na nga, toyota vios ako. Look for something worth sa hard earned money mo na vios...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Okay po sir consider ko po yung mga unit na yan Anyway sir, hindi po pa recommended yung mga korean cars? Bakit po?
    go vios, altis, or even innova diesel, if you get lucky.
    they're japanese, with perceived good build quality and reliability.
    also, maraming piyesang hindi ga-mahal, at maraming mekanikong marunong gumawa.
    yung ibang piyesa nga ay nabibili sa mall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast