New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Guys, could you please help me which SUV is good for my uncle's family? He ask me for this.

NOTE: JAPANESE/Korean BRAND Only! But he do not like the INNOVA or AVANZA of Toyota. And not too much in length as their garage is not that long... Approximately 5meters. NO MANUAL TRANNY...

They're a family of 5. My uncle's monthly salary is 85k as an electrical engineer here in the Philippines . This will be their first LOANED car. (terms= 60mos. / 5years)

He's planning to keep it for 10 years.

His preferences are: COMFORT, FUEL EFFICIENCY, FUN TO DRIVE, SPACIOUS, STYLE/Looks, Ride & Handling, Quality build, Toys, service quality (parts).

He's also asking which is much better? Diesel Or Gasoline?
    The route is mostly for city driving on weekdays but not everyday of weekdays... Say, 3 days a week.
    And on weekends, long drive..not too long... Long enough....300kms back and forth..

You may answer in this format for easy reading.

Make:
    Model/Variant:
    FC(if any):
    Type(Gas/Dsl):
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Common Issues:
    comments,if any:
    (so we can narrow down the available choices)

Thanks...
    Looking forward to hear from you guys....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    First of all, it's hard to pin down what vehicle would fit his needs without a budget. Looking at the your post from my perspective, it's difficult to suggest for a SUV since it doesn't only entail paying for it, but considering all other things to be paid while owning a car, and having a family of 5, it's really not practical unless all 5 family members are working and no one is dependent anymore on your uncle.

Anyway, How much would he be willing to put as downpayment? I don't think any tsikoteer here would advise to go for low downpayment schemes.

Also, you're saying that from a family of 5, your uncle is earning 85k per month. Are we going to assume that monthly bills are still included here? 85k could whittle down to 30k or less easily with a family that size. Need to be specific if that 85k is being put solely into the mortgage.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    Guys, could you please help me which SUV is good for my uncle's family? He ask me for this.

NOTE: JAPANESE/Korean BRAND Only! But he do not like the INNOVA or AVANZA of Toyota. And not too much in length as their garage is not that long... Approximately 5meters. NO MANUAL TRANNY...

They're a family of 5. My uncle's monthly salary is 85k as an electrical engineer here in the Philippines . This will be their first LOANED car. (terms= 60mos. / 5years)

His preferences are: COMFORT, FUEL EFFICIENCY, FUN TO DRIVE, SPACIOUS, STYLE/Looks, Ride & Handling, Quality build, Toys, service quality (parts).

The route is mostly for city driving on weekdays but not everyday of weekdays... Say, 3 days a week.
    And on weekends, long drive..not too long... Long enough....300kms back and forth..

Make:
    Model/Variant:
    FC(if any):
    Type(Gas/Dsl):
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Common Issues:
    comments,if any:

Thanks...
    Make:hyundai
    Model/Variant: santa fe
    FC(if any): 15km/l highway, 8-10km/l city
    Type(Gas/Dsl): 2.2L dsl
    Pros:car like handling, car like ride comfort hindi matagtag or bouncy compare to SUV ladderframe. Fuel efficient because its small displacement engine but high HP and torque. Quick and fast. Wider than ladder frame SUV kaya maluwag sa loob

Cons: suspension is not as sturdy compare to ladderframe

Common Issues: dealer high pms cost

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    2016 Toyota Innova ...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    2016 Toyota Innova ...
    Ayaw daw ng uncle nya ng Innova or Avanza sir.

My vote goes to Hyundai Santa Fe or Hyundai Tucson.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nissan Xtrail, Mitsubishi ASX, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post

Make:
    Model/Variant:
    FC(if any):
    Type(Gas/Dsl):
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Common Issues:
    comments,if any:

Thanks...

EDIT: Ayaw din nya ng fortuner and montero sports.. Mejo common n daw...

He can pay as much as 30k a month.. And he will be receiving a bonus of 200 k+ this December... And i guess that would be his dp plus some of his car savings..(please take note) car savings!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tell him that the more common vehicle may turn out to be cheaper and easier to maintain... what with his big-ish family and his not-so-generous income.
    hard and blunt.

SUV? fuel efficiency? AT? ... i would not expect all of these three in one sentence, without at least one "no" or "not" in between them...

i apologize.. but sometimes, one has to be shocked into reality.

btw, i recommend innova diesel. "hindi siya magsisisi". it's also cheaper than the competition.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 25th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

tell him that the more common vehicle may turn out to be cheaper and easier to maintain... what with his big-ish family and his not-so-generous income.
    hard and blunt.

btw, i recommend innova diesel. "hindi siya magsisisi". it's also cheaper than the competition.
    alanganin yung garahe boss "approximately 5 meters" lang

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

hard and blunt.

alanganin yung garahe boss "approximately 5 meters" lang

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

innova.. pasok pa rin siguro... it's officially listed as 4555 mm or 4585 mm long, depending on your source.

my beef with the innova, is its slightly wide turning circle..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 25th, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
2015 Japanese/Korean brand suv (AT/CVT)for my uncle..