New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the City is a nice car - fuel efficient, spacious, feature-packed. But it's not luxurious. It still screams subcompact every time I see one, perhaps due to its ubiquity as well.

And no, I'm not a Honda hater. I think the same of other subcompacts like the Vios and Accent.

It's not about being a snob either, I'd be totally open to getting a Fiesta or Jazz if the budget is that limited, but definitely won't pretend that it's a classy car. They're very fun and practical though.
    Totally agree on this one. Subcompacts are utility cars. They can get you from point A to B, easy on gas expense, can seat 5 people, useful with its trunk (sedan), and with a small size to easily fit into crowded streets. They are far from luxurious though. Try seating and riding in an Asian midsize (Accord, Mazda6, Camry, Altima, Legacy) and you'd know how cheap those Asian subcompacts are compared to them. It's a different story though for the European cars.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just because mas mahal sya sa ibang ka-class nya ay premium na or equivalent na sa next higher class ng ibang brands...
    Kung ang design ng manufacturer sa inner door panel na pinapatungan ng siko mo ay hard plastic pa din, definitely hindi yan premium kahit na anong OEM accessories ang nakasalpak dyan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Honda? "Premium" car?

Kaya pala ang daming honda owners na feeling premium ang ride nila. Basta naka "Honda" eh Luxurious or Premium feel na agad! Kahit toyota, honda, mitsubishi etc pa yan basta importante it gets you from point A to point B.

If its a Ferrari, BMW, Benz, etc yan may right talagang mag feel "premium". Honda fanboys and their ego

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kanya-kanya naman yan ng definition ng premium. For a lot of people I know, owning a car is premium enough.

Personally, Honda isn't premium for me, but in general I perceive it to have better brand equity than non-Jap cars like Hyundai, Kia and Chevrolet and equal to other Jap makes.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, Honda isn't premium for me, but in general I perceive it to have better brand equity than non-Jap cars like Hyundai, Kia and Chevrolet and equal to other Jap makes.
    Got the chance to drive a previous gen 1.3 City and compare it to my gen 2 Vios. I found the City to have better NVH, a smoother engine and tranny and more comfortable seats. The ride quality was very similar though and the interior plastics felt the same. Maybe I should compare them against an A-class or a 1-series to get an idea of how a premium should feel. Any volunteers?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    litong lito na ako premium or not...i think the best question would be "best value for money"...
    naka pag pa reserve na ako sa honda, plan ko kunin this coming weekend, i can still cancel my reservation kun mag bago ihip ng hangin hehe. altis ba o cityvx or mag settle n lng ako sa vios.
    pati tint problema ko pa. pag dami inputs ng hirap pero good..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noelp_ph View Post
    litong lito na ako premium or not...i think the best question would be "best value for money"...
    naka pag pa reserve na ako sa honda, plan ko kunin this coming weekend, i can still cancel my reservation kun mag bago ihip ng hangin hehe. altis ba o cityvx or mag settle n lng ako sa vios.
    pati tint problema ko pa. pag dami inputs ng hirap pero good..
    my advise is, get the most expensive variant that you can afford.
    in the long run, you will enjoy all those additional borloloys in there..

choosing a car is like judging a beauty contest.. whatever you choose, it's already a winner and may kakampi ka diyan sa choice mo.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 4th, 2015 at 01:01 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Altis G over City VX anytime. Toyota offers 40k discounts so price is just the same - why get a subcompact when you can get a compact for the same amount of money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Altis G over City VX anytime. Toyota offers 40k discounts so price is just the same - why get a subcompact when you can get a compact for the same amount of money?

ganda talaga altis, kaso daming added features ng honda vx variant at 890k, un sa altis na 890k basic lng un features nya..dun tuloy ako nakukuha ng honda.
    hi dr.d so ano choice u?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by noelp_ph View Post
    ganda talaga altis, kaso daming added features ng honda vx variant at 890k, un sa altis na 890k basic lng un features nya..dun tuloy ako nakukuha ng honda.
    hi dr.d so ano choice u?
    Right, so what exactly does the City VX have that the Altis G doesn't?

More than the spec sheets, the Altis is a class higher. As a compact, it inherently has more width, resulting in better elbow room (unlike the City which is all about legroom alone). Also, the Altis' engine is much peppier than the City's, despite paper specs showing only a 2 hp difference. That silly touch screen aircon for the City is much clunkier too use than the tactile auto climate control buttons of the Altis. The Altis is also as fuel efficient than the City.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast