New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    A friend of mine is going to dispose his 2012 Vios company car because he will be given a new one this year ...

Engine is in good condition, interior is intact, the ride is pretty much a vios ride quality ..

The only con among the pros is that it has close to 200,000 kms on it, 190,000 kms something more or less ..

The high mileage comes due to his job being a medical representative and his wide area of coverage .. So the car is mostly highway driven .. I've also seen his oil change interval, its every 10,000kms fully synthetic, and CASA maintained ...

I have driven his car, and I can say the engine is in very pristine condition, the body ofcourse has minor scratches and stone marks which is typical in a car driven in city to provincial highways & vice versa ...

Is a highway driven car puts less strain on the engine compared to the frequent stop & go of city traffic ???

Is it still a good buy ???

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    How much is he selling it?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    A friend of mine is going to dispose his 2012 Vios company car because he will be given a new one this year ...

Engine is in good condition, interior is intact, the ride is pretty much a vios ride quality ..

The only con among the pros is that it has close to 200,000 kms on it, 190,000 kms something more or less ..

The high mileage comes due to his job being a medical representative and his wide area of coverage .. So the car is mostly highway driven .. I've also seen his oil change interval, its every 10,000kms fully synthetic, and CASA maintained ...

I have driven his car, and I can say the engine is in very pristine condition, the body ofcourse has minor scratches and stone marks which is typical in a car driven in city to provincial highways & vice versa ...

Is a highway driven car puts less strain on the engine compared to the frequent stop & go of city traffic ???

Is it still a good buy ???
    if it is as good as what you believe...
    1. as ice above already said, "how much" ? peruse the ads, sir, and compare.
    2. make sure about the paperwork. it's a company car. your friend's name might not be on the CR. be very sure that "everybody will cooperate".

good luck, sir.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I have also sold a car in excellent condition but had high mileage.

I sold it a bit lower than market value, but still a fair price. Good bargain for the buyer since the car was in perfect condition, had complete service records, VK70 tint, and rare 18" OEM rims. It ran better than my friend's car (same model - Altis 1.6G) even if his had half the mileage.

I don't see any problem buying a high mileage car as long as you're 100% sure it's in good condition and you're getting it for a bit of a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have also sold a car in excellent condition but had high mileage.

I sold it a bit lower than market value, but still a fair price. Good bargain for the buyer since the car was in perfect condition, had complete service records, VK70 tint, and rare 18" OEM rims. It ran better than my friend's car (same model - Altis 1.6G) even if his had half the mileage.

I don't see any problem buying a high mileage car as long as you're 100% sure it's in good condition and you're getting it for a bit of a bargain.

Usually the problem with a high mileage unit is that it will consume more fuel than usual compared to when it still had fewer mileage. That's what my uncle told me before. I think it's only partially true though.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Usually the problem with a high mileage unit is that it will consume more fuel than usual compared to when it still had fewer mileage. That's what my uncle told me before. I think it's only partially true though.
    If you don't maintain a car properly, whether high or low mileage, it will consume a lot of fuel.

All my cars have had consistent mileage even as they aged.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    I'm near 240,000 km. the FC is the same as when it was new. recently did 530km on 35L basically 15.1 km/l

If the fc is higher some and regular maintenance are done, repair is necessary. sensors(intake or exhaust sides) are probably dirty so the fuel+air mixture isn't good.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if he's selling you his near-200K km vios for under 100K, grab it!... before i do.
    heh heh.
    jok only, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 6th, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the price is right, go get it.

Just check the suspension bits and the cooling system (replace the radiator cap with a new original/Denso one, and perhaps consider replacing the aux fan if it has not been replaced).

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    mga sir, what about ex taxi units? I am also looking for a second hand car (first time ko po bibili ng sasakyan) and a friend of mine offered a 2010 vios for 200k nego. sabi nya hindi daw laspag kasi airport taxi. mga 1 year lang daw naging taxi then after that naging private na. tahimik daw makina at wala kalampag. ok daw rehistro at complete papers. 140k mileage daw. tingin nyo mga sir?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast