New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hi,

a friend is selling his 2011 DMax 4x2 LS A/T with more than 50T km for P750K. is this a fair price? any other suggested rides at this budget?

some info.

- it'll be my 3rd car. have a van for family use and an 07 civic FD which i plan to sell.
    - don't need 4x4.
    - i'm into mountain biking so a pickup would fit 4 cars. have a bike rack for the civic which can only fit 2 bikes at most.
    - this will be my first diesel car.

would i be better off finding a 2nd hand SUV instead?

thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ang taas ng mileage bro, considering that the car is barely two years old. OK naman kung inaalaga at puro highway driving lang. Since kaibigan mo naman yung magbebenta, kunin mo kung sigurado ka sa kondisyon niya. Konting tawad na rin siguro, malay mo pumayag 700k nalang. Presyong pangkaibigan.

Since you mentioned mountain biking, I assume madumi ito pagkatapos, in which case it would be better to have a pickup para madaling maglinis. Less hassle din kung pagod at tinatamad ka, tapon lang sa bed at itali ang buong bisikleta. Since may van ka rin naman, hindi mo naman kailangan ang extra seating capacity ng SUV.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    hi,

a friend is selling his 2011 DMax 4x2 LS A/T with more than 50T km for P750K. is this a fair price? any other suggested rides at this budget?

some info.

- it'll be my 3rd car. have a van for family use and an 07 civic FD which i plan to sell.
    - don't need 4x4.
    - i'm into mountain biking so a pickup would fit 4 cars. have a bike rack for the civic which can only fit 2 bikes at most.
    - this will be my first diesel car.

would i be better off finding a 2nd hand SUV instead?

thanks!!
    For a 4x2 transmission, it will be ok for non-harcore offroad situations, or in those "within reasons" off-road conditions that a 4x2 could withstand given its technical or operating constraints in this aspect.... i use my manual 4x2 D-max 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ to carry 3 dirtbikes in a lot of "within reasons" offroad situations without any problem....

The thing where we differ the most is that mine comes with a manual-tranny, and by it, i can use effectively use the "shining" low-end torque capability of the D-max, even just by lugging it chief at right rpm-range ;) ....i've used it many times over and over even in some offroads with hillclimb outside of Metro Manila, in Baguio and Cordillera.

Tawaran ko pa ng mas mababa pa diyan, if i were you chief, or better yet, just wait this September for the arrival of the new-Dmax.... Just make sure it comes with the 3.0-litre 4JJ1-TCX engine instead of the 2.5-litre 4JK1-TC. Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks guys!

so pag binigay ng P700K, panalo na presyo nya?

what should i check mga sirs, i.e. anong part ng dmax ang madaling nasisira?

again, if ever, this would be my first diesel car and first truck. medyo sanay ako sa plush ang ride. in fact, natatagtagan ako sa civic.

and yes, highway miles yun since binabyahe ng province. maalaga naman sa kotse yung kaibigan ko as far as i know.

how much is a brandnew DMax ba mga sirs?

btw, CORRECTION...

"a pickup would fit 4 BIKES"

yun nga gusto ko sa pickup, puedeng ihagis na lang bike sa bed then itatali na lang.

thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Price depends on the actual condition of the unit. Kung maganda naman, ok na ang 700. Wag naman sobrang ibabarat. At kung talagang kaibigan mo yan, hindi ka naman siguro uutuin, tanungin mo na ng deretsahan kung may aayusin. Though at 2 years old, wala pa dapat na major na aayusin. Tanungin mo rin kung may service records at kung under warranty pa yan. Make sure that he changes oil regularly and "cools down" the turbo after long drives. This is instrumental to the health of any turbo. Even more important if the car is always running highway, wherein the turbo is always spinning.

May pagkatagtag ang D-Max. Medyk masikip din ang likod. Kung natatagtagan ka na sa Civic, baka dapat Strada ang hinahanap mo. Pero yun naman ang may pinakamaliit na bed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ah so mas matagtag pala ang dmax sa strada sir?! natagtagan kasi ako sa strada ng friend ko e. alin ang mas maluwag ang 2nd row between the 2?

been reading through the forum. with a P750K budget, pasok pala ang 3rd gen Everest, tama ba? ok ba yun compared to the dmax? never liked Fords since sirain sila IMO pero based on the threads i've read, ok ang everest at matipid sa diesel?

if yes, hanap na lang ako nun then kabitan ko na lang ng hitch rack. medyo naguguluhan na ko. hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ah so mas matagtag pala ang dmax sa strada sir?! natagtagan kasi ako sa strada ng friend ko e. alin ang mas maluwag ang 2nd row between the 2?

been reading through the forum. with a P750K budget, pasok pala ang 3rd gen Everest, tama ba? ok ba yun compared to the dmax? never liked Fords since sirain sila IMO pero based on the threads i've read, ok ang everest at matipid sa diesel?

if yes, hanap na lang ako nun then kabitan ko na lang ng hitch rack. medyo naguguluhan na ko. hehehe.
    Yes bro. We have a Strada 4x4. You must be really sensitive if you find the Strada matagtag. It's really the most comfortable in it's class, the most manueverable, and also the one with the biggest backseat. The Everest has good handling, lots of space, and a great engine. But chances are that if you find the Strada jumpy, you'd say the same of this as well, and probably any other SUV in it's class.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    thanks guys!

so pag binigay ng P700K, panalo na presyo nya?

what should i check mga sirs, i.e. anong part ng dmax ang madaling nasisira?

again, if ever, this would be my first diesel car and first truck. medyo sanay ako sa plush ang ride. in fact, natatagtagan ako sa civic.

and yes, highway miles yun since binabyahe ng province. maalaga naman sa kotse yung kaibigan ko as far as i know.

how much is a brandnew DMax ba mga sirs?

btw, CORRECTION...

"a pickup would fit 4 BIKES"

yun nga gusto ko sa pickup, puedeng ihagis na lang bike sa bed then itatali na lang.

thanks!
    No idea sir on the all-new D-max price upon arriving sa Pinas. Might just be the same price as the current ones on offer by Isuzu Phils, give or take.... whilst a brand-new current Philippine D-max 3.0-litre may range from PhP1.1 M to PhP1.3 M plus.... Forget about buying the current gen Pinoy D-max if you're planning for a brand-new one; you'd be owning just the same model i own, i.e. the same model that was offered in Pinas since late 2007 - mag-pi-pitong taon na (7) years old hehe

If you aim for a brand new wait ka muna sa all-new D-max coming anytime this September, at bukas na ito ay "ber" month na....

As far as MTB or whatever bikes you plan to carry at the bin ng D-max, i-tie down mo lang naman like the way i tie 3 full-size dirtbikes from 250cc to 450cc displacement..... Yakang-yaka sir lalo na mountain bikes lang (MTB)....

Cheers and goodluck ;)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gamit na gamit yang Dmax ng friend mo, sir. Ung akin, 3 yrs ata before I reached 50k kms.

Kung kayang 700k, ok na. Kung ayaw, 7 and a quarter para half way.

As to mga parts na masisira, for the 1st 3 yrs of my ownership, wala namang nasira na malaki. Ung brake shoe lang and bushings. After the 3rd yr ung SCV. Then EGR. Ung SCV, it was replaced. Ung EGR, it was cleaned so malaki ang natipid ko. And a few months ago, for some very weird reasons, ung aking timing chain naman ang napalitan the same with the water pump kasi at first they thought that the sound was coming from a busted water pump. Ngayon ok na ok na siya.

Yan ang mga repairs in my 5 yrs of ownership. But we have different experiences so your friend's truck my have a different fate than mine.

But overall I am very happy and satisfied with it. Sulit na sulit. Ride and drive kind of truck.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the info guys! i'll borrow my friend's dmax muna to see how it rides.

di ako ang sensitive sirs e, yung wife ko. was supposed to buy a sorento but she almost threw up when we test drove it. and to think that it is car-based! so if ever i get a pickup or truck-based suv, di ko na lang sya pasasakayin dun. hehehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast