New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I would only go for manuals if I were you. And then again, since part of your route is highway, assuming that traffic conditions aren't bad, you can consider options with bigger engines.

Among your choices, I prefer the Civic the most in terms of looks. Being a Honda, it is also very receptive to mods, should you choose to go that route.

The Accord is a fine car indeed. Our 7th gen Accord 2.4A/T gets around 6-7km/L city, the 2.0 may get slightly more. Unfortunately, this model has no manual variant, which is only available upto the 6th gen(98-03).

With your budget, you can also consider the Hyundai Matrix. CRDi engine is the same as the one in the Accent and Getz. Very fast, very thrifty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Most likely I would go that route. MODS! But can I get a 2004 or 2005 civic with 200k budget? Or just a face lifted 2001 to 2003 models? And 1 more thing. Base on what I have searched. Is the vti (vtec3 I think) is more fuel efficient than the lxi variant?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    The Lynx may give you more "smiles" per litre ........ IMHO

:D
    This is probably the best excuse to get a 2.0L engine. The 'smiles'!!!! Nice one sir lowslowbenz. :D :D :D

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Naigi View Post
    Most likely I would go that route. MODS! But can I get a 2004 or 2005 civic with 200k budget? Or just a face lifted 2001 to 2003 models? And 1 more thing. Base on what I have searched. Is the vti (vtec3 I think) is more fuel efficient than the lxi variant?
    A quick search at Olx will help you very much when looking for market value. Though remember that there is always room for negotiation. Sometimes that room can be huge, especially if demand for that car is low.

Not sure as to your fuel efficiency question, but generally, the more powerful engine would be more fuel efficient under heavier stress situations (high speed or hill climbing). The opposite applies with the weaker engine. In this case, the VTi is more powerful than the LXi by a sizeable 20hp.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Naigi View Post
    You will be hard-pressed to get a Civic ES at that price, even with the pre-facelift 2001-2003 models. Maybe something 250k-300k for the 2004-2005 models, as Civics are priced high on the resale market. The Altis of the same era will also be priced about the same.

For 200k, your best option for a reliable car with decent FC will be the "Lovelife" Corolla (1998-2002). Maybe you can find a Lancer Cedia also, but some inputs here say they are not as fuel efficient. If you can get a Lynx RS for less than 250k, it will be just fine plus the smiles it will bring when you rev that 2.0L engine.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    A quick search at Olx will help you very much when looking for market value. Though remember that there is always room for negotiation. Sometimes that room can be huge, especially if demand for that car is low.

Not sure as to your fuel efficiency question, but generally, the more powerful engine would be more fuel efficient under heavier stress situations (high speed or hill climbing). The opposite applies with the weaker engine. In this case, the VTi is more powerful than the LXi by a sizeable 20hp.

Tried to search OLX but I'm getting a range of 215k to 350k, and as you've said, some of those can have a huge negotiation really really confusing. anyways, thanks for the response Sir GTi, really appreciate it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You will be hard-pressed to get a Civic ES at that price, even with the pre-facelift 2001-2003 models. Maybe something 250k-300k for the 2004-2005 models, as Civics are priced high on the resale market. The Altis of the same era will also be priced about the same.

For 200k, your best option for a reliable car with decent FC will be the "Lovelife" Corolla (1998-2002). Maybe you can find a Lancer Cedia also, but some inputs here say they are not as fuel efficient. If you can get a Lynx RS for less than 250k, it will be just fine plus the smiles it will bring when you rev that 2.0L engine.
    I guess I'll just have to be patient to get a civic. for the Lovelife, yes its a reliable car but its not as 'pogi' as the civics and RS, looks is a big factor especially for a guy who is single and in his 20's, if you know what I mean.
    for the RS, I'm really hunting down a fresh RS that is around 200k (that would be the ultimate goal). I guess patience will be a big factor here.
    Thank again for the response Sir Egan101!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a 2003 cedia cvt mx (totl). and i tell you, i'm happy when i achieve 7 km/li daily metro driving... i do about 6-6.5 km/li without thinking about it.. but it drives comfortably enough.. and it's a (in my opinion) shiny red head-turner.
    in contrast, i get at least 10 km/li in my manual d4d!
    oh well... coding car lang naman..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have a 2003 cedia cvt mx (totl). and i tell you, i'm happy when i achieve 7 km/li daily metro driving... i do about 6-6.5 km/li without thinking about it.. but it drives comfortably enough.. and it's a (in my opinion) shiny red head-turner.
    in contrast, i get at least 10 km/li in my manual d4d!
    oh well... coding car lang naman..
    I'm good with the 10km/L. What variant of the lancer would you suggest? There are 2 variants for the cedia model. (MX and GLX I think?). What are the difference between those 2?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Naigi - are you limiting your options on a used car? If your monthly budget allows it, how about a new car?

On the Lancer Cedia, the MX is the TOTL 1.6L model. It comes in tiptronic CVT. Not sure though, the GLX comes in MT while the GLS is AT. They all share the same 1.6L engine. A 2.0L Lancer GT model was also released locally. For that kind of FC from a 1.6L compact, you're not far off from a bigger-engined Lynx RS or Civic 2.0 or Accord or Galant consuming about the same fuel. However, that kind of FC is much better than the FC of the base 1.6L Lynx of the same era.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 7th, 2014 at 12:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *Naigi - are you limiting your options on a used car? If your monthly budget allows it, how about a new car?

On the Lancer Cedia, the MX is the TOTL 1.6L model. It comes in tiptronic CVT. Not sure though, the GLX comes in MT while the GLS is AT. They all share the same 1.6L engine. A 2.0L Lancer GT model was also released locally. For that kind of FC from a 1.6L compact, you're not far off from a bigger-engined Lynx RS or Civic 2.0 or Accord or Galant consuming about the same fuel. However, that kind of FC is much better than the FC of the base 1.6L Lynx of the same era.
    As much as possible, I don't want any monthly dues, but if I would get one, I'm eyeing the mirage G4 gls MT, super tipid, I had a chance to drive one, my sister owns the CVT version, the all new vios also looks good, as well as the all new fiesta. but those 2 are all out of budget. lol, and if I were to get a brand new car, I would definitely have to say goodbye to MODS and upgrades because of tight budget.

Base on the variant explanation on the Cedia, I might as well go for the Civic ES or Lynx RS? 10km/L (70% highway driving and 30% light traffic) isn't hard for those 2 right?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
200k to 250k budget. Ford Lynx RS, Honda Civic Dimension or Lancer Cedia?