New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    262
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A second-hand Civic FD (2006-2008) will be a good buy for around 300k


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bro, that's exactly how much I sold mine a little over a year ago.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,011
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Concepcion, Marikina ako. QC via Barangka - Anonas - Kamias - Kamuning. Average of 12km one way per day, at an average speed of 14kph as per the digital readout. Super light touch on the pedal, with no sudden acceleration or aggressive overtaking. Then aircon is set at just 27~28deg.

    When the car was new with me, I was only getting about 5.5-6.5km/L. Medyo I was resigned na sana that it's the best that I can get with this car even with my best effort na magtipid. Then I read that the car learns from your driving habits, so I just persisted with my economical way of driving.
    The improvement probably comes from the transmission bro. My Altis had the 4AT while I believe yours has the CVT.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,112
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The improvement probably comes from the transmission bro. My Altis had the 4AT while I believe yours has the CVT.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yes, a "7-speed" CVT, exactly why I chose this particular model. I could have opted for just the 1.6V but it has just the regular 4AT. As much as some people "hate" the CVT, I actually like it. Much better than the bog standard 4AT of most Corolla Altis. I could out accelerate most motorcycles in a stop without flooring the gas pedal.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,678
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Yes, a "7-speed" CVT, exactly why I chose this particular model. I could have opted for just the 1.6V but it has just the regular 4AT. As much as some people "hate" the CVT, I actually like it. Much better than the bog standard 4AT of most Corolla Altis. I could out accelerate most motorcycles in a stop without flooring the gas pedal.
    it makes it faster imo
    70-120kph is too easy for the 1.6

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    48
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've owned several 10th gen Altises and would definitely recommend an FD Civic over an Altis.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Can you expound more on this? On what criteria is the reason why FD Civic over Altis?

    Paano kapag 200-250k budget? 9th gen Altis ba ang recommended?

    Edit: relevant blog post review on FD Civic:

    THE ULTIMATE CAR GUIDE: Used Car Review - Honda Civic (26-211)

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,791
    #16
    For around the same price, the Civic FD drives better compared to the Altis of the same generation. You get the same space and fuel consumption is about the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    #17
    Hi guys! Im planning to buy a 2nd hand car on the 1st week of december, and I need help deciding on what to pick (I posted here since i can't make my own thread yet).

    Main Criteria:
    - Manual Transmission (This is a must, ill switch to automatic eventually but honing my driving with manual is a better for me. Also, it's more fun to drive)
    - Reliability and Parts Availability
    - Maintenance Cost
    - Looks
    - Fuel Consumption
    (This will only be used 2 - 3 times a week since i work from home, mostly for weekends and long trips.
    This is also my first car, though I've driven several cars before, this will be the first one i own)

    Cars within my budget that i like (around 300k - 400k):
    - toyota altis (2008 - 2013)
    - honda civic (2006 - 2011)
    - honda crv (2007 - 2009)
    - toyota vios (2007 - 2013)
    - honda city (2009 - 2013)
    - honda jazz (2009 - 2013)
    - nissan almera (2014 - 2017)
    - ford fiesta (2011 - 2015)
    - ford focus (2011 - 2014)
    - hyundai accent (gas) (2011 - 2016)
    - hyundai accent (DSL) (2011 - 2013)
    - hyundai elantra (2011 - 2015)
    - kia rio (2012 - 2016)

    Cars over my budget that i also like (around 400k - 550k):
    - toyota vios (2014 - 2017)
    - toyota altis (2014 - 2016)
    - toyota yaris (2014 - 2017)
    - hyundai accent (DSL) (2014 - 2017)
    - hyundai elantra (2015 - 2017)
    - hyundai tucson (2010 - 2015)
    - kia sportage (2010 - 2015)

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    13,039
    #18
    for 300K to 400K, you can already get a 2012 model and up.. just look at around online selling sites.. get a toyota vios or altis..

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,087
    #19
    the old altis is not as spacious for the passenger and driver, as what the exterior suggests.
    some sales folk dubbed it as the "mini camry". and medyo nga suwahe ang ride.
    but try it for size, before plunking in the simoleons.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 16th, 2018 at 02:18 PM.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the old altis is not as spacious for the passenger and driver, as what the exterior suggests.
    some sales folk dubbed it as the "mini camry". and medyo nga suwahe ang ride.
    but try it for size, before plunking in the simoleons.
    I have driven a 2nd gen vios and it was okay, so I'm assuming that the altis will be abit more spacious?

    also is altis the better choice among all the other choices? (eg. honda civic)

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    for 300K to 400K, you can already get a 2012 model and up.. just look at around online selling sites.. get a toyota vios or altis..
    thanks for the input sir, highly considering the altis as it is a compact class

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

2008 Altis G for 310k?