New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    SO I have decided I'm getting a used Avanza with 250K-350k budget. If I choose a J variant, I can find a car for 300k or less, for G it's almost always 300k up. Is it wise to spend more for the G or should I just settle for the cheaper Avanza J. This will be my first car so I don't really know if I should go for cheaper or the better variant.

Thanks in advance for the inputs.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Does it have to be an Avanza? Are you open to a compact sedan like an Altis?

Going back to J vs G models, if the price difference is not significant, go for the higher model.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Does it have to be an Avanza? Are you open to a compact sedan like an Altis?

Going back to J vs G models, if the price difference is not significant, go for the higher model.
    I need something with higher clearance para di rin hirap pagsakay at baba ang pasahero, gagawin kasing service ng nanay ko. Ang isa pang nakita ko na pasok sa price range ay 2006-2007 nissan xtrail, mas malakas ang makina kaso mas malakas din sa gas.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Much better ang ride ng Xtrail over the cheaper Avanza. Tama ka nga lang na mas malakas ito sa gas. Pero kung kaya mo kumuha ng used Innova diesel, mas practical choice yun.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikit View Post
    SO I have decided I'm getting a used Avanza with 250K-350k budget. If I choose a J variant, I can find a car for 300k or less, for G it's almost always 300k up. Is it wise to spend more for the G or should I just settle for the cheaper Avanza J. This will be my first car so I don't really know if I should go for cheaper or the better variant.

Try to consider also bro the year made, pasok ata si ondoy dyan sa category mo so thorough checking at first bro.. goodluck..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikit View Post

find out what each variant has or has not, sir, and decide if you can live without.
    rule of thumb... the more the parts, the larger the chance of mal-function.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the G and the J, go for the G. Better interior materials, bigger engine (1.5L) and you get ABS.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Salamat sa mga advice mga boss!