New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi guys need help in deciding which is the better deal? Both are priced in the 310-320k range. At this price level, is there still room for nego? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    If you need the space go for accord if not then my vote goes to the FD. Cheaper to maintain and easier to sell later.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Well I'm not very particular about the space naman. Is 320k a good price assuming walang sira?

Also tanong ko na rin kung magkano ang selling nung civic after 3 years?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Since the FD doesn't have the following of the SIR model. I think a 200k to 220k range sir.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Anong makina ang mga to? We have a 2005 Accord 2.4 and a family friend has a 2010 FD 2.0S. Both are matic, and driven very conservatively. Fuel mileage is pretty much the same at 6km/L city thereabouts give or take a little bit depending on traffic conditions. So kung kukuha ka ng Civic 2.0 dahil mas matipid, Accord nalang.

The Civic's cabin is very well made. The feel of the materials and the ride quality are very much similar to the Accord. If you value fuel efficiency, go for the FD 1.8S.

We traded in our 2004 Accord V6 last year with a 2011 Santa Fe 4x4 for a value of 350k. There was no better offer anywhere else, and the car was in near brand new condition. I'd say there is always lots of room for negotiation with midsize sedans especially if you know the car has been on sale for quite some time already.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Accord 2.4, 74k km
    Civic 1.8, 68k km

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Given the choice above, I'd go with the Civic FD 1.8L. It's newer and has less mileage, not to mention that Honda's R18 engine offers a good balance of performance and fuel efficiency. However, please do check the maintenance history of both cars. If the previous owner was not religious enough in following the fluid (PS, AT, etc) change cycle, then walk away. If you can haggle for a lower price for the Accord, like 30-40k less, then you got yourself a bargain (assuming it is properly maintained). The Accord drives better, more comfortable inside, and packs more power.