New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys, any inputs for this model and make? I find it very appealing. I'm looking for a M/T variant and I'm really confused with the GLX, GLXi, GLS variants. Is the GLX version still running on a carb engine?

Really need your inputs, thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    The 2005-2007 Lancer has adequate room, ok performance with the manual, pero downside is malakas sa gas ito.

Be reminded that the facelifted model (late 2004) ditched the carb engine - at nawala ang 1.5L engine.

2004 Lancer - check this link from web archive about the variants of the 2005-2007 Lancer.

There is no GLXi variant after year 1999.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    The 2005-2007 Lancer has adequate room, ok performance with the manual, pero downside is malakas sa gas ito.

Be reminded that the facelifted model (late 2004) ditched the carb engine - at nawala ang 1.5L engine.

2004 Lancer - check this link from web archive about the variants of the 2005-2007 Lancer.

There is no GLXi variant after year 1999.
    Thank you for the link! Now I know GLX is the only manual variant for this gen of the Lancer.

Is it a gas guzzler even tho it's manual? What's the achilles' heel of this model? Still underchassis issues?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mondymondy View Post
    Thank you for the link! Now I know GLX is the only manual variant for this gen of the Lancer.

Is it a gas guzzler even tho it's manual? What's the achilles' heel of this model? Still underchassis issues?
    I suggest to use the search box tas type mo "Lancer cedia fuel economy" or "Lancer cedia problems"

Happy buying!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    I suggest to use the search box tas type mo "Lancer cedia fuel economy" or "Lancer cedia problems"

Happy buying!
    Thanks sir, sorry cause I was trying to type in 2006 Lancer in the searchbox but I found nothing..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For a 350k budget, there are lots of more exciting options you can have instead of the comparatively mundane Cedia Lancer. Performance and gas mileage are just so-so. Nothing to complain about but nothing spectacular either.

For your budget I'd suggest you look at more exciting cars like perhaps a Lynx Ghia M/T or RS or perhaps the ES Civic.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    For a 350k budget, there are lots of more exciting options you can have instead of the comparatively mundane Cedia Lancer. Performance and gas mileage are just so-so. Nothing to complain about but nothing spectacular either.

For your budget I'd suggest you look at more exciting cars like perhaps a Lynx Ghia M/T or RS or perhaps the ES Civic.
    I was really considering the Civic ES, but I noticed that I can only get a 2003 - 2004 ES compared to a 2006 - 2007 Cedia. So I thought that it would be more practical to buy a newer ride with the same budget right?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    For its price and model, ok naman yan. Wag mo lang icocompare ang FC mo with lower displacement cars (like VIOS and CITY) kasi maiinis ka lang. For it's 1.6 subcompact counterpart, nakakasabay naman siya (both performance and FC). Magtatatlong taon na yung sa akin (2009 GLX) pero wala naman akong kalampag na nararamdaman.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    like what the others said the price and the year model is a good buy.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    For its price and model, ok naman yan. Wag mo lang icocompare ang FC mo with lower displacement cars (like VIOS and CITY) kasi maiinis ka lang. For it's 1.6 subcompact counterpart, nakakasabay naman siya (both performance and FC). Magtatatlong taon na yung sa akin (2009 GLX) pero wala naman akong kalampag na nararamdaman.
    Sir what's your fuel consumption with your GLX? I'm used to getting 10-11km/liter on my 1.6L ESi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2005 - 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer: Is it a good buy for 300k - 350k budget?