New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hello. I want to buy a second hand Corolla altis AT and I have a budget of 300k and 350k maximum. Gusto ko lang po sana tanungin kung ano po ang nga common na sakit ng isang Toyota Corolla Altis. Magaan po ba sa bulsa ang maintenance/repair/parts ng toyota po? Car newbie po ako. Please please help hehe. Maraming salamat po mga ka tsikot!

P.S. - Ano po bang ibang sedan or hatcback na pasok po sa budget ko except for Corolla Altis po? (except honda jazz cvt - AT po kasi hanap ko)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can also consider a newer Vios.

Usual sakit ng Altis is engine sludge if the previous owner doesnt change his/her oil every 5000kms. Rotors are prone to warping also pero mura at matibay naman ang replacement. Overall, its a no frills and easy to maintain vehicle. Regular maintenance, wear and tear parts ang paggastahan in the long run.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You can also consider a newer Vios.

Usual sakit ng Altis is engine sludge if the previous owner doesnt change his/her oil every 5000kms. Rotors are prone to warping also pero mura at matibay naman ang replacement. Overall, its a no frills and easy to maintain vehicle. Regular maintenance, wear and tear parts ang paggastahan in the long run.
    Thanks for the info mate! I do like the new Vios. The only thing I don't like about it is the price lol. I would buy it in an instant if I have the budget but for now I'll probably stick to a 2nd hand car as my first car lol. thanks again

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Essej Kun View Post
    Thanks for the info mate! I do like the new Vios. The only thing I don't like about it is the price lol. I would buy it in an instant if I have the budget but for now I'll probably stick to a 2nd hand car as my first car lol. thanks again
    You can also consider a 2006-2009 Vios 1.5G versus an 2004-2005 Altis. The Altis is more solid though. The Toyota Yaris is also a nice ride if you don't need the rear space too much.