New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi peeps,

I'm currently working here in Malaysia and looking for cheap 2nd hand car to save grab expenses. I've seen lots of old Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and Nissan Cefiro for sale. Of course there are latest models but my budget allow only year 2002-2003.

My question is, are these cars worth buying in 2019? Among the 3, which one can you recommend ? Avg price is 230k in pesos.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post
    Hi peeps,

I'm currently working here in Malaysia and looking for cheap 2nd hand car to save grab expenses. I've seen lots of old Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and Nissan Cefiro for sale. Of course there are latest models but my budget allow only year 2002-2003.

My question is, are these cars worth buying in 2019? Among the 3, which one can you recommend ? Avg price is 230k in pesos.
    where will the car be driven? in malaysia, or in the philippines?
    and, might i ask, why the choice of bigger cars?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    research bro kung sino supplier mo ng parts sa fb.

for my hyundai.. dami ako nalamang suppliers and some fortunately nag iinstall din.

ito pinaka importanteng kaalaman.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post
    Hi peeps,

Do you know any mechanics there? Ask which one's spare parts are the most readily available and go from there.

Personally I'd go for the Accord. Most "driver's car" among the three.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Do you know any mechanics there? Ask which one's spare parts are the most readily available and go from there.

Personally I'd go for the Accord. Most "driver's car" among the three.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    does the cefiro have the vq engine? if so yan ang choice ko. tapos upgrade ng shocks and repair all bushings..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If local, go for the Accord. You have the choice of getting the 6th gen (1998-2002) or 7th gen (2003-2007). The 2.0L and 2.4L engines of the 7th gen are used widely across different models of Honda (Civic, CRV, Accord), even that 2.4L engine shares the same platform as the existing generation (9th) of Accords found locally. The 6th gen has a light platform and has a lot more mechanical parts. However with its age, you need to check or fix some of its key systems - power steering, aircon, transmission, throttle, engine water pump, etc.