New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Guys, di ako expert pag dating sa mga kotse. I need advice on what kind of vehicle to buy. My budget is only limited to 190k and I want to maximize that in buying a car that is at least fuel efficient and at the same time mura ang spare parts. Any advice on what kind of car to get? I plan to use it daily and cguro for long drives. Yung preferred brand ng car na gusto ko is Mitsubishi, Nissan and Honda. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Newest 1.6L B14 Sentra you can get. Sentra has the lowest resale among them all but quality is not compromised.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Newest 1.6L B14 Sentra you can get. Sentra has the lowest resale among them all but quality is not compromised.
    I was able to increase my budget to 235k, any more ideas as to what I can get? I'm more open now to other brands of cars. Yung importante mura yung spare parts, may quality pa rin yung sasakyan and maporma or maganda. Thanks in replying btw

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenperor View Post
    I was able to increase my budget to 235k, any more ideas as to what I can get? I'm more open now to other brands of cars. Yung importante mura yung spare parts, may quality pa rin yung sasakyan and maporma or maganda. Thanks in replying btw
    What do you need or want in a car? Does it have to be fast, spacious, fuel efficient? For 235k mas marami na ang choices mo. You can opt for an even newer N16 Sentra (preferably 1.6M/T), Ford Lynx (also 1.6M/T, A/T variants have very poor FC), Honda City Type-Z (preferably 1.5VTi M/T)

Ford Lynx MT - 04 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Sentra MT - 04 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Honda City MT - 02 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph

Depending on your prefences, you may also prefer something like this:
    Honda Accord VTiL MT - 2000 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Sulit ID 4875126
    :devil::devil:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    What do you need or want in a car? Does it have to be fast, spacious, fuel efficient? For 235k mas marami na ang choices mo. You can opt for an even newer N16 Sentra (preferably 1.6M/T), Ford Lynx (also 1.6M/T, A/T variants have very poor FC), Honda City Type-Z (preferably 1.5VTi M/T)

Ford Lynx MT - 04 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Sentra MT - 04 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Honda City MT - 02 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph

Depending on your prefences, you may also prefer something like this:
    Honda Accord VTiL MT - 2000 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Sulit ID 4875126
    :devil::devil:
    I just need a reliable car which i can drive from paranaque all the way to pasig 6 times a week and minsan sa provinces like tagaytay and pampanga. I don't necessarily need a very fast car, pero it would be a plus. Yung focus ko is fuel efficiency and madaling i-maintain din. If possible, it should also look good for those dates (hehe). Thanks so much in advance!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenperor View Post
    I just need a reliable car which i can drive from paranaque all the way to pasig 6 times a week and minsan sa provinces like tagaytay and pampanga. I don't necessarily need a very fast car, pero it would be a plus. Yung focus ko is fuel efficiency and madaling i-maintain din. If possible, it should also look good for those dates (hehe). Thanks so much in advance!
    I get what you mean. If you drive long highway kilometers a lot, I'd recommend you get the M/T Accord. Seriously, it's a nice car to own. 2.0L VTEC engine with M/T shouldn't be too thirsty, ride is very comfortable, and performance is definitely good. Kung matraffic lagi ang route mo, then I'd suggest the Lynx Ghia M/T. It still looks modern, performance is good enough, 1.6L M/T should give you reasonable gas mileage, and the Ghia has a sunroof which may be pogi points in those dates as well.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Wow, thanks! A question though about ford cars...are they cheap to maintain? From what I know, parang hindi...and yep, I'll be facing traffic all the time. Haha...In your opinion, ano next best thing after a ford lynx? Thanks talaga in replying :D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    As long as you know where to look, I believe Ford cars aren't really much more expensive to maintain than your garden variety Japanese compact. After all, it is a rebadged Mazda 323. Dun sa Fordland or Mazford sa Banawe I'm sure you can get low cost and yet high quality parts. Yun Lynx kasi, IMHO aggressive ang dating. Next best for would probably be the Sentra. Its a nice basic car. Probably a bit more fuel efficient than the Lynx M/T. Though it's nowhere near as good looking as the Lynx.

1st time car buyer (190k budget)