New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hi,

Going to buy my first new car, bank financing for 40% or 50% down payment. Looking at 3 years term.

Car choices as ordered:
    1. Honda City VX - 920,000
    Pros: Feature packed, Looks, Interior, Resale value
    Cons: PMS cost? , Parts cost

2. Mazda 2 V+ Sedan - 895,000
    Pros: Looks, Interior, Yojin3 PMS free
    Cons: Space, Parts price after Yojin3, Resale value

3. Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G - 992,000
    Pros: Maintenance cost, Reliability, Space
    Cons: Bare features

4. Civic 1.8 E CVT - 1,115,000
    Pros:Premium feel, Backseat armrest, Looks
    Cons: Price

5. Mitsubishi Lancer GT-A 2016 1,090,000
    Pros: Sunroof, 1.8 inch wheels, Backseat armrest
    Cons: Old model, Price

6. Toyota Vios 1.3E
    Pros: Price, Reliability, Maintenance Cost
    Cons: Plastic interior, bare features

I've test driven the City VX and Mazda 2 V+, I like the feel of driving the Mazda 2 V+ more and it used to be my first choice. But due to the parts, resale value, and space. My first choice is now the City VX.

Looking for advise. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Le opinion
    City - Pretty common, gusto ko kasi yung hindi mainstream eh. Pero mas ok ang reliability nito kaysa sa toyota, particularly sa makina.

Mazda 2 - Maganda handling kaso sobrang sikip at liit. Mas okay kung base model Mazda 3 kapalit ng mga toys na makukuha mo sa v+, also di ko na rin irerecommend. Malapit na rin irelease yung skyactiv X. Kaso aftrr youjin3 mo mamamahalan kana. Siguro considered to kung ididispose mo rin kaagad for within 1-4y

Corolla/Vios - ????

Civic - Dabest sa lahat kaso ibang segment na to, M3 katapat nito.

Lancer - Ipphase out na to diba? Di ko to issuggest

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Civic the best sa choices mo kung kaya naman ng budget.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Get the Civic and be done with it. It's the best choice among the list.

If you want a decent-handling compact, with ample space, German quality, with a powerful yet thrifty turbo diesel engine, go check out the VW Jetta 2.0L TDI DSG. The Comfortline model is priced at 1.1M.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuesford View Post
    Mazda 2 - Maganda handling kaso sobrang sikip at liit. Mas okay kung base model Mazda 3 kapalit ng mga toys na makukuha mo sa v+, also di ko na rin irerecommend. Malapit na rin irelease yung skyactiv X. Kaso aftrr youjin3 mo mamamahalan kana. Siguro considered to kung ididispose mo rin kaagad for within 1-4y

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Post-yojin maintenance would likely be around what Honda & Toyota would charge for PMS. If you're handy, it should even be much less. Oil, filters & labor are the basic freebies for the 1st 3yrs of Mazda ownership.

OE Skyactiv Oil filter is around Php750, Shell Fully Synthetic 5w-30 is about Php600 a liter. Crush washer, less than Php100. You can skip intake filter swaps & go washable drop-in from AEM or K&N. They're about $50 from Amazon.
    I'm off yojin w/ 1 of mine & I've bought some OE items from the dealership for mod experiments. I was surprised to see that a steering clockspring here costs about the same online from the US at subPhp5k. A $6 antenna nut is Php500 thru the dealership. Headlamp bulb dust boot, again for experiment, was Php400. So, there really isn't much basis for fear & paranoia. Bermaz is not the Mazda of old under Ford.1st Car Choice - Honda City VX, Mazda 2 V+, Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G, Vios 1.3E, Civic, Lancer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Get the Civic and be done with it. It's the best choice among the list.

If you want a decent-handling compact, with ample space, German quality, with a powerful yet thrifty turbo diesel engine, go check out the VW Jetta 2.0L TDI DSG. The Comfortline model is priced at 1.1M.
    this

and civic has the highest reliability if you know maintenance. the engine has minimal issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    this

and civic has the highest reliability if you know maintenance. the engine has minimal issues.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Honda's R18 engine maybe more than a decade old but it proved to be reliable coupled with a good amount of performance and fuel efficiency. Also, there are a lot of local shops already familiar in servicing such an engine.

If fuel efficiency is a key requirement, the Jetta trumps the rest of the compacts available in the local market. Not to mention, that ample torque at low rpms will be a welcome thing for spirited driving.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    How about the Nissan Juke - P 980,000.00

Pros - not too common (weird looking kasi)
    - good ride height
    - nissan reliability (same engine as shylphy)
    - easy maneuverability

Cons - small trunk space
    - CVT has no sports mode

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Honda's R18 engine maybe more than a decade old but it proved to be reliable coupled with a good amount of performance and fuel efficiency. Also, there are a lot of local shops already familiar in servicing such an engine.

If fuel efficiency is a key requirement, the Jetta trumps the rest of the compacts available in the local market. Not to mention, that ample torque at low rpms will be a welcome thing for spirited driving.
    I personally know someone with a Jetta MT and Legacy 3.5. With the Jetta he could not remember the last time he filled up at a gas station. With the Legacy... just forget the gas and enjoy driving.

Daming choices ni TS, tingin ko naman alam na nya gusto nyang bilhin kasi nailista na nya yung mga pros and cons. Naghahanap lang ng urther justification with his choice.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Thanks guys for all the replies. now lang uli naka online. Processing na ako ng bank approval for loan and waiting na lang.

Mostly Civic ang winner based sa comments pero in terms of budget ko I think i-out ko na sya sa choice.

Namention din yung Nissan juke pero hindi ko lang gusto yung looks and medyo pricey hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Post-yojin maintenance would likely be around what Honda & Toyota would charge for PMS. If you're handy, it should even be much less. Oil, filters & labor are the basic freebies for the 1st 3yrs of Mazda ownership.

OE Skyactiv Oil filter is around Php750, Shell Fully Synthetic 5w-30 is about Php600 a liter. Crush washer, less than Php100. You can skip intake filter swaps & go washable drop-in from AEM or K&N. They're about $50 from Amazon.
    I'm off yojin w/ 1 of mine & I've bought some OE items from the dealership for mod experiments. I was surprised to see that a steering clockspring here costs about the same online from the US at subPhp5k. A $6 antenna nut is Php500 thru the dealership. Headlamp bulb dust boot, again for experiment, was Php400. So, there really isn't much basis for fear & paranoia. Bermaz is not the Mazda of old under Ford.1st Car Choice - Honda City VX, Mazda 2 V+, Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G, Vios 1.3E, Civic, Lancer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Useful info, salamat! In terms of Yojin3 they mentioned at the dealership that wear and tear parts are not actually included? (i.e. tires) Is this the case with you as well? thanks

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast