New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hindi na worth ang fpcus, lowest resale value in the market

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Honda Civic's 1.5 turbo engine is available on higher trim levels only so price will be much more.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    You get a lot of car for the money. Plus, it's a euro car.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    You get a lot of car for the money. Plus, it's a euro car.
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Yeah so it's better to get it secondhand. Actually for me lahat ng TOTL compacts mas ok bilhin secondhand.

They're 300k more expensive than the mid-range versions, but in 3-5 years nasa 50k nalang price difference niyan in the secondhand market, minsan nga pantay pa.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I could only imagine how much discount Ford will offer on their current stock of 1.6L and 2.0L models.

The new Focus is value for money. Most other petrol cars with that amount of engine output is 100k-500k more expensive. The next cheaper car with such an output is Suzuki Kizashi with its 2.4L NA engine rated at 180PS and retails at 1.3M+. The Kia Optima is 1.4M+ while the rest of the best selling midsize is around 1.6M-1.8M.

With Ford's cars resale value, it will be cheaper in the used market but it will be in a year or two before 2nd hand units become available. I guess it will be worth the wait.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The way Ford priced the new Focus might cause a shift in pricing for the current TOTL compacts. The Plus models are even priced about the same as the previous 2.0L TOTL model.
    Last edited by Egan101; November 4th, 2015 at 11:45 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    These are good fully-loaded cars, bur I dont see the practicality in shelling out 1.2M to 1.3M sedans. Id go for T86 or Genesis coupe or Honda CRZ na lang and add more.

Filipinos are about image not specs. Parang nerdy nerdy gadget person who boast sbout his octocore smartphone or something,

Saying it's Euro car doesnt help it either, europeans just love practical mini car bump cars.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I could only imagine how much discount Ford will offer on their current stock of 1.6L and 2.0L models.

The new Focus is value for money. Most other petrol cars with that amount of engine output is 100k-500k more expensive. The next cheaper car with such an output is Suzuki Kizashi with its 2.4L NA engine rated at 180PS and retails at 1.3M+. The Kia Optima is 1.4M+ while the rest of the best selling midsize is around 1.6M-1.8M.

With Ford's cars resale value, it will be cheaper in the used market but it will be in a year or two before 2nd hand units become available. I guess it will be worth the wait.
    From experience, the Kizashi's 2.4 engine isn't anything to write home about. CVT kills any hint of punch.The needle climbs up fairly briskly, but with no emotion whatsoever. It won't win any stoplight duels with the current crop of 2-liter compacts due to its weight. It does have quite a bit of presence due to its heft, but unfortunately once people see the S badge they just dismiss it as another cheapo car.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Compacts selling at 1.3M won't sell for me, not when you can get the Camry G at around 1.4M.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I think worth it naman yung focus,small displacement with a huge output = good consumption.Kizashi's CVT is noisy,like what jut703 said you cannot feel the engine pulling power due to its transmission, I watched a video reviewing the Suzuki Kizashi the Host says that the Kizashi is a Japanese Porsche.(I guess he is drunk? Haha) They drove the Kizashi from Tokyo Japan to Los Angles USA.(by land and ferries)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast