New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hi,

Hihingi lang po sana ng tulong, bago lang ako sa kotse, and kunti pa ang alam. Gusto ko lang hingi ng advice if ano pwde bilin sa range ng price ko.

Salamat in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by anakngsultan View Post
    Hi,

Hihingi lang po sana ng tulong, bago lang ako sa kotse, and kunti pa ang alam. Gusto ko lang hingi ng advice if ano pwde bilin sa range ng price ko.

Salamat in advance.
    is that your maximum budget? I suggest na magtabi ka ng around 10 to 20k for the repairs ng mabibili mong kotse. Bring a mechanic during the day na titignan mo yung kotse na bibilhin mo.

With your budget ang mabibili mo ay Toyota Corolla GLi, Nissan Sentra Series 3 (Super Saloon) eto ang dalawa sa best na option mo.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    thanks, oo max budget ko na is 200 eh,

how about mazda lantis? mahal ba parts ng mazda familia 323?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How about Nissan Exalta?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    How about Nissan Exalta?
    Kinda overpriced in the local market. Also FC is bad for this car because of the heavy body.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi,

Salamat in advance.
    Your best bet would be the last 1990s Sentra (series 3) cars. Your choice of the 1.4L and 1.6L units. Preferred would be unmodified units assuming the owner maintained it well. I would advise to give the car a good test drive and give particular attention to the A/T shifting. It should be smooth and no "shift-shock" (jerkiness between gears) as you drive. Since this is a very old car, pay attention to all other noises you will hear as you drive. Whining, grinding and knocking noises are not normal.

Typical odometer mileage is around 10,000 to 12,000 km per year so if the car is ten years old, it should display around 100,000 to 120,000 kilometers on the odometer. For some owners who live far from work, the figure can be much greater. A car with less than the typical mileage on the odometer should be treated with suspicion, especially if it's a car reseller & not the original owner.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    thanks guys.,
    i appreciate it.

Does someone know where I can buy? Where i can get they so called "good buy"?

thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks guys.,
    i appreciate it.

Does someone know where I can buy? Where i can get they so called "good buy"?

thanks.
    Best is to check out the classified ads and look for the actual owners selling their cars. Be polite by not haggling with the owner on the price over the phone. When you go to see the car, then start negotiating over the price, especially now that you have the car in front of you. You can use the car's "defects" (body damage, worn tires, paint, etc) as negotiating points to get a lower purchase price.

Used car dealers generally not lower their price too much because they have a fixed margin to maintain.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Your best bet would be the last 1990s Sentra (series 3) cars. Your choice of the 1.4L and 1.6L units. Preferred would be unmodified units assuming the owner maintained it well. I would advise to give the car a good test drive and give particular attention to the A/T shifting. It should be smooth and no "shift-shock" (jerkiness between gears) as you drive. Since this is a very old car, pay attention to all other noises you will hear as you drive. Whining, grinding and knocking noises are not normal.

Typical odometer mileage is around 10,000 to 12,000 km per year so if the car is ten years old, it should display around 100,000 to 120,000 kilometers on the odometer. For some owners who live far from work, the figure can be much greater. A car with less than the typical mileage on the odometer should be treated with suspicion, especially if it's a car reseller & not the original owner.
    at least 'series 4' GH, that comes with 1.4L AT variant (EX Saloon with or without power windows). But for a 1st timer, I really honestly think that an SX8 City is a great car. Simple, fuel efficient and easy and fun to drive.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    wow, thanks sa mga advice.

Meron inooffer sakin, 2004 na city. for 180t, parang ang mura niya. Ano tingin nyo guys?

and sa City Type Z na 2000 model, for 200k and nego pa sya. Okay naman itsura. Di ko pa na-drive, ano tingin nyo guys? Good buy ba to if ever wala gaanong tama. And how much kaya tingin nyo asking ko?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast