New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sabi ni niky

And people who only keep cars five years are wasting their money. The best way to maximize your bang for buck is to hold onto the car for at least ten years
    http://tsikot.com/forums/showthread....92#post1743692

So which decade old cars in the country have held up their functional values (ie, durability) quite well?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If we're talking about strictly a decade, then most decade old cars have done quite well. I have doubts, though, regarding the Lancer since it has been known - though I'm not aware if it's still evident on the 01 models - that it has this particular recurring problem which is related most of the time on its suspension.

Durability ? Hands down on the baby altis. A rare 1.8L 7AFE engine. - Didn't include the ZZ since it has sludge issues if the unit is not taken care of.

Looks department, hmmm ... I'd give it on the MX Lancer. I really like those cars who has a balance between sharp & curvy ends.

Comfort wise is subjective.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Honda CR-V

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Very hard to say.

I know some owners of the older ZZ Altises... and true... they have their issues. Not any more durable than other cars of the time... and parts are not as common or as cheap as for the 4AFE cars.

I like the "Lovelife" 1.8 Altis... but I don't know much about them.

CR-Vs? Not any better or worse than most... and 2nd gens are gas-guzzlers.

Unfortunately, 10 years ago, most of our cars had transitioned to EFI already. At this point, they will all be suffering similar issues with MAF sensors, ignition coils and O2 sensors. Most of them have durable engines, but they all have their electronic quirks.

-

Thus... Crosswind XTO. I have a ten-year old one. AT is busted (won't go into 1st gear in "Drive"), but everything else is in good working order. Can't go wrong with a manual version... except the ASBUs will be on your ass every time they see you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Toyota Corollas, simply because mas available ang parts... surplus or B/N.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    CR-Vs? Not any better or worse than most... and 2nd gens are gas-guzzlers.
    id say worse... better pa resale value ng rav 4 1st gen.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    how about the Nissan B13? we had that for eleven years till we sold it 2 years ago i think. on it's last year nga lang, blow-by na ata yung makina. hahaha! pero kung hindi na carnap yun malamang gamit ko pa din yun hanggang ngayon at siyempre pinaayos ko na.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    To tell the truth, there are numerous of them:
    -Isuzu Crosswind, Mitsubishi Adventure (diesel), Toyota Revo (diesel) pag sa AUV
    -Toyota Corolla (Love Life o Altis), Nissan Sentra Exalta, Honda Civic (ES), Mitsubishi Lancer sa sedan
    - Hyundai Starex sa vans

Cannot comment on other cars

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Actually you cannot really rely on the Starex since once you reach 100,000kms chances are the injectors will need replacing as these are turbo diesels.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Actually you cannot really rely on the Starex since once you reach 100,000kms chances are the injectors will need replacing as these are turbo diesels.
    Kung TDci Starex at hindi yung CRDi, No problem yung injectors na yan. Matibay and mura lang naman pamalit dyan. Yung CRDi injectors ang mahal!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
10-year old vehicles with the best functional values in the Philippines