New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding where it is applied, Sir Woodfire mentioned it already... As to Boybi's concern, if you check out most car audio magazine installs, most bnew cars used are applied with a lot of these stuff, it's up to the owner actually if further noise rejection is required, obviously, a heavily padded vehicle (like most upscale sedans) won't need as much while the usual econocars like most people use, SUV's, diesels, etc are thin skinned and not adequately padded may require more... Again, it's a matter of priority...

Icon: Depende po sa laki ng floor hehe...

ssaloon: Yes, it can be bought sa Big Bert's although di sya "Big Bert's" service hehe... I'm just selling it...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    paano po kung meron rust proofing sa loob ng mga door panels?
    thanks..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It wont adhere po.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi Sir Theveed and others who has experience in noise dreadening,
    Buhayin ko lang tong thread na to.
    I'm almost finished with my underchassis and exterior project for my Pajero 2.8 AT (Local) and now moving to interior improvement.
    I'm about to begin my unwanted noise reduction project. I have some question to start this:
    1) Is Big Berts now offer this service?
    2) Which is better WURTH or Dynamat?
    3) I want to start on firewall, do I need to remove the dashboard to carry this out? Who do you think can do this?
    Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) No pre, we dont, although gusto namin before, but nobody responds to our offer so di na namin tinuloy, in addition, ako lang may experience sa ganyan samin, so medyong di feasable, in addition, ayaw namin magbaklas ng mga door sidings hehe.

2) Depends, for one thing I honestly believe that Dynamat is overpriced. The biggest factor kasi is knowing where to put it and how you put it. Brand plays a very secondary or even tertiary role. If you have the means, get generic brands from the states, or get it from home/studio insulation companies, laking mura. Alam mo naman, basta naging "specialized" product sya for a certain target market, nagmamahal presyo. I'd prefer Wurth, ganda nung insulating foam nya. I haven't seen the deadening sheets of Wurth though.

3) Yes, ang deadening and insulation kasi won't be effective if you leave gaps. Kahit konting gaps lang it'll render most of the deadening useless.

I'd think that electrical shops (reputable ones), high end audio shops or your dealer may be able to do it. Modern dashboards are so much less tolerant of gaps and alignment, so it'll be more difficult than, let's say, dismantling a late 70's sedan.

Car ko I will install 2 layers of deadening and insulation sa firewall and tranny bell housing area, ingay eh... But magagawa lang yun when ipapababa ko dash ko (for aircon servicing, bad trip ang benz buong dash baba for AC service)....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Theveed,
    Just confused that you recommend wurth although you have not seen one. Is that a case of miss typo.
    I have single-out firewall/dash insulation, kasi I want to rid out most of the sound emanating from my engine especially when I'm accelerating past. Kaya lang medyo di ko yata nakita sa mga thread dito that this material is expected to dampen or eliminate my engine noise. Would this material address this concern. Salamat muli.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    David,
    Is that the same material that can be used on the hood (underside, before putting back the hood insulation)?
    I am replacing my hood insulation and am thinking of sticking that on the hood for further insulation.
    The usual local material I have seen is a bit too thick for the hood. In fact they are too thick also for the rear seats underside as it is now difficult to put back the seats.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FM: Clarification... There are two types of Wurth sheets, the deadening sheets and the sound proofing foam sheets. I have seen the sound absorbing/proof sheets, they were given to me by Woodfire, the deadening sheets I haven't seen, but it can't be that different from most deadening sheets like Dynamat. Yung soundproofing foam sheets ng Wurth ang gusto ko, they're very light, thin but effective.

bm5er: underhood usually uses a different kind, the cheapsest is Hahn Gang (sp?) acoustifoam, you can get this from Handyman... 600+ ata sya enough kahit naka camaro na 70's na hood hehe.

Kahit yung Dynamat makapal sya eh...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    So Theveed is David pala.
    For my case which the engine sound that I want to isolate my cabin with, which type of material should I use? Absorbing/Proof or Deadening. In particular do you have some store where can I purchase this. Thanks again. By the way OT lang how much is your Color code promo for Pajero Interior detailing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually pag engine noise, you insulate the hood and firewall. The prob kasi sa firewall daming hoses, fittings and wireloom dumadaan... I'd say na do the hood first, sya pinakamadali and cheapest, you'll need to make a cut out for the intake hole for your intercooler though....

Regarding the detail, PM nalang kita para di mahijack yung thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast