New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My wife and i listen to the radio 90% of the time when we are in the car. The problem is mahina makasagap ng signal. Just a few stations lang, luckily kasama yung favorite station namin. Pero outside the metro walang masagap.

So i replaced the stock headunit and still ganun pa rin.

Is there a way to make the reception stronger? Yun ba yung mga fm antenna na binebenta ok? How about tv antenna, will it also increase fm signal aside from getting analog tv signal?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so since napalitan ang hu i assume ok ang connection ng cable sa hu.

check mo yung cable na nakakabit sa antenna. baka naman putol, grounded or nahugot dun sa antenna. pag nahugot sa antenna side yan mahina talaga ang reception kasi shielded cable di gaano makakasagap ng signal.

o yung antenna what type ba? kung yung telescopic na may motor baka naputol yung connection sa loob. pag antenna ang problema palitan mo na lang ng rubber duckie imbes na telescopic. also consider relocating the antenna. baka pwede ilagay sa roof para mas mataas.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    don't forget to plug in the antenna booster circuit! mahina talaga pag disabled yung booster

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My vehicle is a gen1 crv. Hindi motorized yung antenna. Manual siya na hinahatak. Hmmm might have a look kung naputol nga sa loob.

Although i'm not so sure if i can do that kasi iba yung screws sa antenna. Parang hex na star. Siguro my alternative is to use a different antenna.

Thanks for the help. You gave me an idea.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Check your HU if it has a DX setting. Turning it on allows it to pickup distant or weak stations.

You can also get an active antenna and stick it on the windshield or on either of the third-row windows.

Universal Car Windshield Electronic Am FM Radio Non Directional Antenna 12V | eBay

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Yung katulad sa link ni oj88 ang iniisip ko if putol na yung connection sa antenna ko. Malakas talaga kutob ko yun ang culprit. Are those types of antenna good?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i tried checking the antenna kung putol yung connection pero hindi ko mabuksan talaga kasi iba yung screws ng sa gen1 crv. looks like i'll have to buy yung mga universal antenna.

are they any good?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    i tried checking the antenna kung putol yung connection pero hindi ko mabuksan talaga kasi iba yung screws ng sa gen1 crv. looks like i'll have to buy yung mga universal antenna.

are they any good?
    you replaced your HU and it's still weak..
    it's probably the antenna connection, as the others already say. after all, your ride is 25 years old..
    if you can access the antenna jack end, you can check whether the connection is ok or not, using an ohmmeter.

universal antenna ? replacing your old antenna with a new, generic one (200 kesos siguro) may be, in my opinion, a better option. i have this negative thing about inboard antennas... they clutter the dash..
    sometimes, when the old antenna is removed, the break in the connection may be easily seen and remedied.

hex screws? you can easily purchase these from the mall. they're not expensive. even from the 66 or 88 pesos japan stores..
    if you are not sure whether it really is a hex screw or not, you may make a clay indentation of the ones screwing your antenna, and show them to the salesman. he'll know what to give you. btw, these specialized screws are usually and best bought, as a set. it's not easy to eyeball the size, kasi. (and star screws may sometimes be mistaken for hex screws.)
    good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 4th, 2016 at 03:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you replaced your HU and it's still weak..
    it's probably the antenna connection, as the others already say. after all, your ride is 25 years old..
    if you can access the antenna jack end, you can check whether the connection is ok or not, using an ohmmeter.

universal antenna ? replacing your old antenna with a new, generic one (200 kesos siguro) may be, in my opinion, a better option. i have this negative thing about inboard antennas... they clutter the dash..
    sometimes, when the old antenna is removed, the break in the connection may be easily seen and remedied.

hex screws? you can easily purchase these from the mall. they're not expensive. even from the 66 or 88 pesos japan stores..
    if you are not sure whether it really is a hex screw or not, you may make a clay indentation of the ones screwing your antenna, and show them to the salesman. he'll know what to give you. btw, these specialized screws are usually and best bought, as a set. it's not easy to eyeball the size, kasi. (and star screws may sometimes be mistaken for hex screws.)
    good luck.
    sweet 16 naman, hindi 25

i have a set of hex screws. i tried them all pero they won't fit. parang iba yung ngipin nung sa crv. mas mukhang star kesa sa hexagon. may slit din pero too thin for a flat screwdriver.

balak ko na lang yung antenna na nakadikit sa top windshield. i see them at blade. i just want to ask others na nakagamit na kung malakas naman makasagap ng fm yung ganung type.

my headunit has usb, bluetooth, cd and video. pero kami talaga ng wife ko fm lang talaga ang gusto 90% of the time.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    sweet 16 naman, hindi 25

i have a set of hex screws. i tried them all pero they won't fit. parang iba yung ngipin nung sa crv. mas mukhang star kesa sa hexagon. may slit din pero too thin for a flat screwdriver.

balak ko na lang yung antenna na nakadikit sa top windshield. i see them at blade. i just want to ask others na nakagamit na kung malakas naman makasagap ng fm yung ganung type.

my headunit has usb, bluetooth, cd and video. pero kami talaga ng wife ko fm lang talaga ang gusto 90% of the time.
    oo nga pala! my apologies.. old style abacus ang ginagamit ko kasi..
    baka nga star screws yan..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast