New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    In my previous car, I had a V12 amp. Bad trip ako dahil even if I had it installed by a reputable shop, may static sound na sumasabay sa hatak ko nang gas pedal. They tried to place noice suppressors but still the problem was there, although na minimize nila nang konte...now I'm trying to set-up my new car (Innova) with a jbl gt5-a604 amp since ito lang ang makayanan ko naa budget. I this this amp is better than a V12. But again, I would just like to know kung naiwasan baa ang static sound with this jbl gt5-a604 amp?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Whinning, whirring or clicking sounds, you must isolate your amp housing from the chassis of your car. Install it in a board.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir may matting naman under the driver's seat (where I intend to place it), will the boad still be necessary?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    In my previous car, I had a V12 amp. Bad trip ako dahil even if I had it installed by a reputable shop, may static sound na sumasabay sa hatak ko nang gas pedal. They tried to place noice suppressors but still the problem was there, although na minimize nila nang konte...now I'm trying to set-up my new car (Innova) with a jbl gt5-a604 amp since ito lang ang makayanan ko naa budget. I this this amp is better than a V12. But again, I would just like to know kung naiwasan baa ang static sound with this jbl gt5-a604 amp?
    Your GT5-A604 is a lot better (10x better for me) than the V12 amp(generic amp). If you dont do the installation properly and carefully "static" is just around the corner..LOL...No matter how expensive your system..Had static problem before it was because of small gauge cables/wires and poor ground. I had to strip/overhaull my system again, change my HU positive and ground to a bigger cable..had to change my RCA's as well (to stinger).. and proper ground to amps. at the end it was rewarding! I know I'd said it like it was easy..but noooo I had sleepless nights because of this annoying static..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    static is more of an install problem. Like posted earlier, its better to mount the amp on a board, use proper guage cables, quality or at least decent rca, avoid ground loops, set your amp gain properly, etc...

btw, noise suppressors are used as a last resort. Most installers can eliminate static without one.
    Last edited by userfriendly; February 5th, 2009 at 09:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Imusing the same amp sir in my system, so far so very good, no whirring (static) sound, it was installed by Mr Jeff Tan of ACA, i believe our amp is better than the V12 that you previously have. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    bro pa recheck mo ulit yung wirings mo or hiram ka ng bagong amp ganto muna hiram ka muna ng amp na maayos pag ganun parin may static baka wirings mo na.. dun mo na pa rewire.. ako kasi pina recheck ko ayun may tama pala rca cable ko nag palit na ako ng scosche rca cables yun nga lang times 4 ata yung presyo sa original sabi sakin papaltan nlng ung defective rca ng kapareho kaso pinalitan ko na ng mas decent para walang kaba.. ayun kahit laggam marinig mo pag naka level 0 ang HU volume ko dati kasi may hissssssssssssssssssss tsaka whine sumasabay sa engine ko.. minsan busina pa hehe...

naku hirap nian.. ilang araw ako hindi mapakali bago maalis yung static na yan.. hahaha..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Proper shielding and sufficient power filtering will do the trick.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Make sure your ground point has been striped clean of paint. If you dont strip it to metal it will cause static.

Also make sure your power cable and rca are far from each other. preferably running on opposite sides of the car.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    jbl gt5-a604 amp is better than those v12 amp. just make sure your set-up is properly installed para maiwasan ang static.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wala bang static if I use jbl gt5-a604 amp?