New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    is there such a thing as original car fuse (those colored fuses)? it's more expensive than those common cheap ones but less prone to melting?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yep yan ang tawag nila sa autosupply shop pag sinabi mong orig yung mas high quality ibibigay sayo

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    OEM fuses or the surplus one OK compare mo yung 2 feet ng fuse mapapansin mo na mas makapal yung mga surplus

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fuses are designed to trip at a certain amp. If they trip at a lower amp, the quality might be suspect.

But if they trip at a higher amp, it doesn't mean they are of better quality. Remember, fuses are designed to be weak links. They destroy themselves to save more expensive components. If you keep blowing fuses up, it might be time to have that particular area in your electrical system checked out.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Fuses are designed to trip at a certain voltage. If they trip at a lower voltage, the quality might be suspect.

But if they trip at a higher voltage, it doesn't mean they are of better quality. Remember, fuses are designed to be weak links. They destroy themselves to save more expensive components. If you keep blowing fuses up, it might be time to have that particular area in your electrical system checked out.
    well said.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    indeed. but with a prescibed amp. fuse that will just melt the plastic, yet the link doesn't break?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    indeed. but with a prescibed amp. fuse that will just melt the plastic, yet the link doesn't break?
    think one of the possible reason is a loose connection or weak plastic that cant stand the heat!

just encoutered this when i switch to higher watts ng headlamp,the fuse just keep on melting! then got an idea to change the socket type to a glass type and now still working without worries

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks, that's a good idea. but I believe the fuse holder should be those plug attached by screws. because I had use one before, those fuse holder wrapped in plastic casing... they still melt...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i busted a darn fuse today. saan a nakakabili ng mga oem fuse. sa suki ko wala eh. although i remember nakabili ako dati ng surplus na fuse from another shop. puntahan ko nga bukas. sinagot ko tuloy sarili kong tanong

10. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i busted a darn fuse today. saan a nakakabili ng mga oem fuse. sa suki ko wala eh. although i remember nakabili ako dati ng surplus na fuse from another shop. puntahan ko nga bukas. sinagot ko tuloy sarili kong tanong
    saan fused yan palaging nag trip..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
original car fuse?