New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    anybody here knows where to buy a tv tuner for sportivo, and how much?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    top floor ng sta lucia merun tig P2k na tv tuner... car shop malapit sa netopia.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Meron din sa Winterpine.

Word of advice: posibleng humina ang pagsagap ng AM/FM signals ng HU mo pag pinalagyan mo ng tuner. If you can live with that, wouldn't hurt to have it.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    were does the theory of having a tv tuner installed affect the AM/FM signal of your car stereo? are you goin to be using both at the same time? isnt AM/FM have totally different signals compared to TV signals? i mean at home i have a TV and a Stereo sitting almost side by side.. i havnt notice any interference.....please enlighten me.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende sa tuner yan. radio interference caused by static electricity from the cheap tuner

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    were does the theory of having a tv tuner installed affect the AM/FM signal of your car stereo? are you goin to be using both at the same time? isnt AM/FM have totally different signals compared to TV signals? i mean at home i have a TV and a Stereo sitting almost side by side.. i havnt notice any interference.....please enlighten me.....
    I'm not sure.. but from the way I see the setup in my car, there's an FM transmitter box located just at the back of my HU (dunno if it came stock or after I had the TV Tuner installed). May slot sya going from HU's antenna port to the transmitter box, and another slot naman from TV Tuner to the transmitter box as well. Bali ung transmitter box (as per statement of the one who installed it together with the TV Tuner), eh ung kumukuha ng TV signal and at the same time kumu-connect sa radio frequency ng HU (which is at station 88.7).. so interferes with the FM/AM transmissions??? dunno either, it's either true or bull, but ganun ang pagkaintindi ko sa nagkabit.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; June 4th, 2007 at 12:05 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have a tv tuner inside my ride but i want a tv antenna installed inside the car that is powerful enough to capture tv signals, is there any such antenna available near south??? What is the brand, where to buy and how much does this cost? I am from Laguna.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have yet to see an "indoor" antenna na malakas pumik-up ng signal...I mean, I don't think merun ng ganyan sa market.

those that I come across na malakas ay usually externally mounted (boomerang shaped antennas or the very long rod antennas).

I just don't know if ernie baron's antenna will work on a car...hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    There must be some kind of antenna out there that is appropriate for indoor use. If a car alarm with its antenna setup inside the car could be reached by quite a distance maybe there is a TV antenna similar that could capture radio frequencies practically roaming everywhere.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    goodluck if you can find one...

car alarms will not reach the car at distances more than 50kms (minsan kahit 20meters lang hirap na).

May be you don't know that TV stations signal are broadcasted at a farther distance....and these TV signals are not microwave signals that can penetrate effectively. In fact, TV signals tend to be better at line-of-sight situations, have risk for signal bouncing (kaya nago-ghosting ang palabas minsan) and weakens as you go farther from the source of signal.

The same reason that sa bahay, an outside mounted antenna is (or tends to be) better than a rabbit ear antenna for a good TV reception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TV tuner for Sportivo