New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my transceiver radio produces a whistling sound when i accelerate. but when the aircon is turned off, mas mahina yung sound. sabi ng technician, static daw yun. is there a way na matanggal yang whistling sound na yan? the power of the radio is connected directly to the car battery.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir pabago mo yung wiring. It will help a lot.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung ayaw mo mag re-wire, may kinakabit na attenuator dyan sa radio. Para mabawasan yung static sound.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try connecting a capacitor, 15 volts 1000 mFd between the positive terminal ng power input and ground. this will act as a filter and filter out the static.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by yebo
    try connecting a capacitor, 15 volts 1000 mFd between the positive terminal ng power input and ground. this will act as a filter and filter out the static.
    positive and ground? di po ba ma-short yung connection?

and how do i connect the capacitor? i-tap ko lang ba sa wire? meron kasing fuse yung line, after the fuse ba i-connect yung capacitor or before the fuse? thanks.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pare ang capacitor talagang between positive and negative (in this case yung ground connection) ang kabit nyan. "shorted" talaga sya between the two terminals. inside the capacitor are 2 plates wound on top of the other (parang double helix) and in between the 2 plates is a separator (non-conductive). walang physical connection between the 2 plates kaya hindi sya shorted. there will just be a build up of electrical charge between the 2 plates.

capacitors have 2 uses. it stores electrical energy. it also acts as a filter for unwanted frequencies in the electrical circuit. kasi pag pasok ng static (an electrical surge) dun sa capacitor pag labas nya it will be in the same voltage as the average voltage so filtered out na sya.
    parang battery in parallel ang kabit ng capacitor, + terminal to the + lead, - terminal to the - lead of your radio.

if you can get 20V 1000mFd mas ok kasi minsan umaabot ng +15 volts sa car.
    Last edited by yebo; November 21st, 2003 at 11:07 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    doesn't matter kung before of after the fuse. basta yung positive terminal ng capacitor is connected to the positive lead, the negative terminal to the negative (or ground) lead. saka put it where hindi sya masikip as it also gives off some heat lalo na kung matindi ang static. an inch of space around the capacitor is enough, basta wag lang in contact with other stuff.

I've read in the competitor's forum about the exact same problem. Parang nag-rewire siya. He sparated the speaker wires with the power wire, kasi dating magkatabi. Pinagapang niya in another path yata yung power wire...

Parang ganun yung nabasa ko ha... Hmmm...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat naman hiwalay talaga ang power wires sa speaker wires. Professional audio gurus install it in separate paths.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo, thanks, try ko maglagay ng capacitor.
    Signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
transceiver radio pumipito when accelerating