New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    everytime i step on the brake there's always a "tick" sound coming off from the tweeter, what seems to be the problem? does this sound can cause damage to tweeters?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi Liz. The causes or source of that 'tick' sound varies. It could mean that your audio/electrical wiring is grounded, or your audio setup and your electricals are generating static noise. I had the same experience years back on an old ride. To remove the ticking sound, what I did was: a.) inspect the audio wirings and electrical wirings and b.) install a noise supressor. The noise supressor thing did the trick for me. However, what I did was a D-I-Y thing. If you don't fancy doing it yourself, or you don't know how to, then I suggest you bring it to an audio installer. Labor cost (estimate) P 150-200. Parts (estimate): for supressor, P 250 - 1K (depending on the brand/kind).

As for damage, yes it can cause damages. Static noise or current comming from grounded connections may cause heat, so the long term effect is that the..."coils" of your tweeter would get warped or bured, causing your tweeter to malfuction.

Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    tnx. pacheck ko na lng sa installer baka lumaki pa sira pag ginalaw ko. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mas mabuti pa nga...

tick sound