New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi Guys,

question lang.. super noob kasi ako on a tight budget. i just bought a 2nd hand kia sephia with a generic raon HU with static. so i got my self a sony CDX-GT180 HU to replace it. i went to araneta to have it installed, and when i tried it, it sounded incredibly crappy!! as in tunog lata. in fact, mas maganda pa ang sound ng cheap pc speakers!

so now, i figured i need to change mg speakers. ito ang questions ko:

-can i buy just any speaker? kasi 4" daw yung nasa harap, 5.5 or 6" daw ang speakers ko sa likod, right behind the windshield. i can get a discount from sony kasi, so dun nalang ako bibili. pero di ko alam kung kasya. i was thinking, 6x9 sa likod, 4" din ang harap. 3 way coaxs pareho. kaya bang gawan ng paraan yung 6x9 sa likod? yung store na pinuntahan ko sa araneta, had a guy cutting up pieces of wood, so baka kaya na nilang gawin. and magkano yun?

-i read na may consideration pa ang ohms and watts sa hu and sa speakers. all my stuff will be sony, so i guess na dapat compatible lahat... tama ba? 52 wattsx4 ang sabi ng HU ko, and the speakers are 30Ws rated input power for the front, and 60 rated input power sa back. wala naman masusunog or over/underpowered, right?

-i am working on a budget, so value over quality mode ako ngayon. ok na sa akin ang walang soundstage, or super bass, just decent sounds. the type i'd get from a 2.1 speaker. kaya ba sa setup ko? if not, ano ang maganda na kunin from sony?

thank you sa feedback guys. pasensya na sa dami ng tanong! happy driving sa lahat!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Welcome to music world.

Well you upgrade the the Radio but not the speakers which is a good start up. You can install up to 61/2 inch on the front and 6x9 on the rear but you have to cut out some metal to able to fit in if the original hole are smaller than the speakers you want to put it on. So its up to you and surely they are much superior than the 4" speakers. Dont worry about burning the speakers or H.U once you connect them all together, nothings going to happen. It doesnt have to be a sony you can install any speakers you want but make decide which one. Speakers are expensive and the longer you listen to the music the more your ear itching for more so make sure you know what you want to avoid common mistake. SANA YONG NALANG SANA ANG BINILI KO! Well, it dont work that way. You dont have to buy the whole thing now, pair at time will do. Good day.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Iyong Sony head unit mo ay may mga package silang kasama na binebenta kasama na ang speaker sa Sony outlet sa mga mall like Robinson malate .Iyong Nissan B13 ko ay Sony Headunit nakalagay SONY CDX-GT150S and a pair of Pioneer 3way speaker TS-E2099 Ayos Naman ang tunog iba siyempre pag nagpalit ka ng speaker mas maganda ang tunog. Alam na noong mga Car Audio installer ang pagkakabit ng speaker sa kotse mo at match na speaker para sa headunit mo.

Super Noobie Help!