New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    planning to start a new set up from kicker eh JBL naman. .now eto po where can i get JBL 1502d and for how much? balak ko kasi 2 pieces. also what's a good amplifier to drive this babies?

budget is 18k for the whole set up.

salamat!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Dba 300 RMS itong 1502D..Kung itong SUB na ito pag mailagay mo sa tamang vented enclosure kahit isa lang masmaganda itong pakigan kay sa dalawang na sa seald at sa box na kulang sa sukat..if space is not a problem dahil kailangan mo malaking enclosure sa isang SUB (4-5 cu/ft at naka tune to at least 33hz)..Maynakita ako dati dito sa provincia namin it was more or less 6k b4 Im sure marami dyan sa MAYNILA..(eg. Banawe) Amp wise I will always go for more power (RMS) and can handle low impedance..(1 ohm or 2 ohm stable)

JBL GTO 10" Box tuned to 34hz sounds very clean

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Now im thinking. . .nagcheck kasi ako kahapong ng gears walang stocks ang power series ng JBL pero meron 12"s ang Infinity Kappa. . .

ano sa palagay niyo? di pa kasi ako nakarinig ng kappa eh. . im more into SPL by the way.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky86 View Post
    Now im thinking. . .nagcheck kasi ako kahapong ng gears walang stocks ang power series ng JBL pero meron 12"s ang Infinity Kappa. . .

ano sa palagay niyo? di pa kasi ako nakarinig ng kappa eh. . im more into SPL by the way.
    Im not pretty sure if Ifinity is the best SUB for SPL..I compete with SPL but I have'nt notice someone's using it..But the quality of the product is the same with JBL both Infnity and JBL are under HARMAN KARDON. But then again it depends on how you design and tune your box..I have a friend using 2 12" TARGA with a proper BOX design and tuning it sounds amazing.. Find "newbie set-up" by JASPER28 Ive posted some pictures on there with 1 15"..... GOOD LUCK!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    salamat mga sir! ill be getting my subwoofer later. . 1 15 inch JBL 1502D and ill be getting an mdf box tuned * 40Hz. ill update you guys once it is finished.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky86 View Post
    salamat mga sir! ill be getting my subwoofer later. . 1 15 inch JBL 1502D and ill be getting an mdf box tuned * 40Hz. ill update you guys once it is finished.
    Ano yong box tuned * 40Hz? Please, excuse my ignorance.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Ano yong box tuned * 40Hz? Please, excuse my ignorance.
    i believe he's reffering to the slot/port box. spl people do tune this boxes, hindi ko lang alam kung pano.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Kung gagawa ng ported box need to tune it to a specified frequency na gusto ninyo..kung gusto nyo musical tune it high..kung gusto ninyo magandang low bass ang lalabas sa sub tune it low..I know it is easy to say it but PHYSICS needs to be applied..Concept: Kailangan "BIG" enclosure..(eg.1 12" sub around 3 cub/ft including displacement or the recommended size for the sub from manufacturer)..when tuning size of SLOT/ROUND will matter..and the length of the port (SHORT for High frequency..Long for low freq.) But, if space a problem A SEALD box would be just fine if dont want it complicated..

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian_joyaxx View Post
    Kung gagawa ng ported box need to tune it to a specified frequency na gusto ninyo..kung gusto nyo musical tune it high..kung gusto ninyo magandang low bass ang lalabas sa sub tune it low..I know it is easy to say it but PHYSICS needs to be applied..Concept: Kailangan "BIG" enclosure..(eg.1 12" sub around 3 cub/ft including displacement or the recommended size for the sub from manufacturer)..when tuning size of SLOT/ROUND will matter..and the length of the port (SHORT for High frequency..Long for low freq.) But, if space a problem A SEALD box would be just fine if dont want it complicated..
    Oh okey, I think I know what you mean. You're saying about "internal volume " calculating the overall external dimension of the box (length X width X height) and will vary depending the woofer you select too.

To tell you, building a box its not easy since there are two MAIN CHALLENGES in designing and constructing a sub box, making sure it contains the proper volume of air, and controlling the box resonances that will otherwise compete with the sounds from subs and "color" its sound. I a know a book that could help some box builder on how to built a proper box; "The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" by Vance Dickason.

Again, sorry for my ignorance I dont know that they were talking about "Sealed box volume (cu. ft.) and Ported box volume (cu. ft.) referred as Box type.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    There you go..well explained..we are all here to help and share constructive ideas..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
suggestions needed on new set up