New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The old Pioneer DEH-5550MP on my Civic stopped working , so I'm now in the market to replace it and I was thinking I'll replace it with a nice touchscreen head unit.

Could you recommend me a head unit around 15-20k budget? Of course the lower the better

Here's what I'm looking for in a head unit:

1. Sound quality that's at least as good as my old head unit (I don't have an amplifier)
    2. Reliable! Should last me a long time like my old head unit (Trusted brands? Pioneer?)
    3. USB (1 is fine, 2 better)
    4. Bluetooth
    5. Aux-in
    6. Could play many video formats over USB
    7. Could sort mp3s on a flash drive by artist, album, title, etc (are there ones that can read playlist files?)
    8. Acceptable/good screen quality
    9. I don't think I want to buy motorized head units. They might break.

Nice to have, but not a must:
    1. HDMI-in or android screen mirroring
    2. GPS navigation
    3. TV tuner

I'm still leaning towards the known brands like Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, because they will likely last a long time, and the sound quality should be good, but if there are other good brands, I'm open to them.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I wonder why you never mentioned about Alpine

check out Double DIN | Product Categories | Mickey's Autosound

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I read na mahal kasi :P may affordable ba na alpine na maganda?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    With the features you mentioned, you should be looking at spending 30-40k, minimum.

Consider that even the Chinese-made HU rebranded to "Growl Audio" already comes in at a P23-30+k range.

My brother recently bought a Pioneer AVH-8650BT for 37k. Has almost everything you mentioned. Additional adapters/cables might be needed to use certain functions like screen mirroring.
    Last edited by oj88; November 4th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    With the features you mentioned, you should be looking at spending 30-40k, minimum.

Consider that even the Chinese-made HU rebranded to "Growl Audio" already comes in at a P23-30+k range.

My brother recently bought a Pioneer AVH-8650BT for 37k. Has almost everything you mentioned. Additional adapters/cables might be needed to use certain functions like screen mirroring.

I can live without the mirroring and navigation naman. I've looked at some Pioneer units and the AVH 2650BT looks interesting. It has BT, AUX, and USB. Any feedback on Pioneer head units? I want to check other brands though because there might be something better.