New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir tanong ko lang OK po ba ang performance ng mga subs na my built in amp na tulad ng mohawk, nbn or yung mga sony xplod or mas advisable na bili na lang ng subs and pagawa ng box para kasing ang laki ng mga box hehe,sq lang po ang habol ko, salamat po

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Bought a small sealed boxes if you want tighter bass. I say, Type 1 hatch box can hold a deeper subs. Do not fabricate your own box if you are not experienced wood worker or no knowledge of doing so. There are two main challenges in designing and constructing a box, making sure it contains the proper "volume of air" and controlling the box resonances that will otherwise compete with the sound from the subs and COLOR its sounds. A poorly designed box will make even the finest SUBS sound like crap or mud.

Shope around, dont settle for less or you wont be happy at all.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    if you're the type who likes really loud bass tones (the ground shaking ones that could be heard from afar), it wont suffice your needs. i personally have the nbn amplified sub and im satisfied with the quality of bass it produces compared to the 6x9 speakers i have. its load enough to make your rearview mirror shake and and can even play subwoofer testing music fairly. but this type of sub does not compete with the custom installed subwoofers. HTH

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by du hast View Post
    if you're the type who likes really loud bass tones (the ground shaking ones that could be heard from afar), it wont suffice your needs. i personally have the nbn amplified sub and im satisfied with the quality of bass it produces compared to the 6x9 speakers i have. its load enough to make your rearview mirror shake and and can even play subwoofer testing music fairly. but this type of sub does not compete with the custom installed subwoofers. HTH
    +1. Malakas siya kung malakas (side mirrors and rearview mirror and trunk ko eh nanginginig) pero kung yung gusto mo eh pati yung mga salamin ng mga bahay na dinadaanan mo eh nanginginig din, better use a sub with a separate amplifier.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If space is a primary concern, then go for the active subs.

Just dont expect it to be able to generate the same low frequencies a passive sub can give. Bass is a bit on the hard side too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If space is a primary concern, then go for the active subs.

Just dont expect it to be able to generate the same low frequencies a passive sub can give. Bass is a bit on the hard side too.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung subwoofer para sa sound quality hanap mo mas maganda siguro kung magpagawa ka na lang ng subwoofer box design para SQ. at gumamit ka ng JL audio subwoofer at hiwalay na power amplifier na match sa subwoofer mo para busog na busog at kung ilalagay mo sa trunk lagyan mo ng dynamat para hindi magrattle trunk mo.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Here is my powered sub in my Accord. Its an Infinity bass-link w/ an output of 200 watts RMS. Enought to fill my needs and that is all want since those BOOOOM BOOOOOM days are gone to me. Sure I could mount a 5 hundred pounds, 5,000 watts Jackhammer but like I said Im too old for that now. As you can see this subs dont have to take too much space and bass are excellent.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    They're good if your starting out and not to keen on sound quality and the likes. If you just want some good bass that you could actually feel (aside from stock speakers and all) then I think you could settle for that.

I used to have a Blaupunkt pre-amped sub and it served me well for a number of years and was very satisfied with it. However, if you compare it to a real sub setup with the box and amp and all, you'll certainly hear a difference in terms of how the bass sounds are reproduced because they produce more accurate sounds.

So again, if you just want a simple setup, have a limited budget, and just want to listen to good music without too much high expectations, then go for it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'm more interested in those with built-in AMP's. its more than enough for my listening needs. BTW, anong mga brand available sa atin bukod DaiIchi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
subs with built-in amp OK po ba