New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga sir/boss need help po i have a pair of kicker 15 CVX and im wondering what amp. would be the best for it... tnx...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    kano ba budget mo?
    bigyan mo ng 1000watter amp yan happy na yan..

DLS a6
    RF power
    DD m1
    Kicker 1200.1
    Hifonics Brutus
    Solid Audio <-- nakadinig na ko CVx 15 at Solid Audio (lakas men!)

kung budget meal
    US Audio
    Last edited by fukengruven; March 27th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tnx poh sir... magkno poh kaya solid audio??? and whre can i get it??? pano poh un 2 CVX 15 ko??? kaya poh ba un ng isa lng??

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    marruronu

i dont know much in this field but i just have a few words for you.
    try to find out whats the RMS power of each of your subs/speakers and if you want to run it 2 or 4 ohms.then buy an amp that has enough power to feed your subs/speakers.if all in all lets say you have 500 RMS each sub/speaker and if you have a two then thats 1000 RMS,so you need an amp that has 1000 RMS.its up to you if you want 2 or 4 ohms,as long as your amp has the pwer to push both your subs/speakers.if you install it and notice that your lights dim when a loud bass hits,then yuo might wanna consider either buy a separate battery,replace more powerful alternator or a capacitor.but usually a capacitor will do.
    hope this helps you out a bit.good luck rattling your ride.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    marruronu

one more thing,pick a "class D" amp.it is designed for subs.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tnx boss... it wil help a lot... looking forward to ur suggestions... tnx

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *marruronu

also choose for the proper wire gauge.if you have a powerful amp you need a thicker amp cable.so as the amp to subs/speakers cable.avoid mounting your amp on your subs' box,its not reccomended.place it where air can circulate or somewhere cool.w/ or w/o the a/c turned on.but its still all up to you where you want your amp/s to be placed.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2 15"? You're going to put it in the civic trunk? hmmmm I dont think that you'll be able to fit the 2x15 enclosure in your trunk. The enclosure space for the subs are really important to get the correct sound. I'm guessing you're going to need 4-5 square cubic feet of space for the pair. Are you going ported or sealed? If you top this off..its gonna pound.

subs = amps