New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Im trying to restore my ASX and Im a bit of a purist, specially in interior.

The Stock unit is an old AVT, which is already hanging (close to dead), I Know I can easily replace with any reasonable 2DIN, but it has steering controls and I still want it to work.

Another hurdle that I see, the steering control is NOT actually connected through wires... its battery operated... so basically its just a remote to the unit... medyo 90s yun tech, but stuck in in the steering wheel.

What are my options?: Get another AVT unit and hope the remote is compatible.... Get another 2 DIN brand (which is better), and the remote steering is hopeless.... or meron bang ibang option?

I hope its a simple solution, im not that determined ;-)

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I think same setup with mirage. Battery operated steering remote.

I'll roll a dice on a used mirage GLS HU if it was me.
    Same mitsu splash screen and "most likely", harness is plug and play.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Im trying to restore my ASX and Im a bit of a purist, specially in interior.

The Stock unit is an old AVT, which is already hanging (close to dead), I Know I can easily replace with any reasonable 2DIN, but it has steering controls and I still want it to work.

Another hurdle that I see, the steering control is NOT actually connected through wires... its battery operated... so basically its just a remote to the unit... medyo 90s yun tech, but stuck in in the steering wheel.

What are my options?: Get another AVT unit and hope the remote is compatible.... Get another 2 DIN brand (which is better), and the remote steering is hopeless.... or meron bang ibang option?

I hope its a simple solution, im not that determined ;-)

Thanks
    Hindi practical na solution.. buy a montero steering wheel na walang swc then replace na with other headunit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillwon3 View Post
    i agree to disagree if you agree to it
    Bot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk