New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi.

Ride is a corolla lovelife with kenwood stereo.

Anyway, 2 days ago, when i turned on the stereo, the display was working, it could even scan FM channels properly, but there was no sound from the speakers.

I noticed that whenever the turn on the car key, a small pop sound comes from the speakers.

Before this stereo problem happened, my car wouldn't start and I found out I had to replace a fuse (under the hood) for the ignition. It was labeled AM1 or AM2.

Back to the stereo problem, when I took out a fuse labeled 'DOM', there was no display, no power to the stereo so I assume this is the corresponding fuse. I took out and checked other fuses and visually saw that they were intact. I checked the small fuses though ... the small plastic ones. I didn't check the big fuses (or are those relays?) with ratings of 30A, 40A and so.

I did not touch any wirings in the car other than the fuses.

My questions are :
    1. Is it possible to have more than 1 fuse for the stereo ?
    2. Could there be a separate fuse for the speaker ?
    3. There is a big fuse rated 30A labeled ST. Is that for stereo ??
    4. Is loose wiring possible even if it was working the day before and no electrical components were added or modified ?

Many thanks to all you guys.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think no seperate fuse for the speakers . If your head unit is working well theres no problem that your speaker will not work . Check the speaker cable if properly attach loose wiring or not proper grounding will not make your stereo work. Check also for possible damage to the speaker.

stereo has power but speakers no sound