New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just can't get the behavior of my HU. funny thing is, minsan ok siya, minsan hindi kahit wala akong ginagawa. pero kung nagloko siya, sa left side lang siya nagkaka static. malakas na buzzing sound. this only happens when I play mp3s from either cd or usb. kung audio cd or tuner no problem.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can probably check the grounding of the HU & the wirings. Maybe it could be also the issues with the encoding of the mp3s?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post
    You can probably check the grounding of the HU & the wirings. Maybe it could be also the issues with the encoding of the mp3s?
    i haven't really traced the groundings yet pero sinundan ko lang naman yung connections/wirings nung kinabit ko. baka natanggal yung ground wire sa body? pero bakit pag m3 lang?

regarding encoding of the mp3s, nirecode ko na sa highest possible standard (yung pasok pa rin sa specs ng HU) pero ganun pa rin.

thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What make and model is your HU? Was it like this before?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What make and model is your HU? Was it like this before?
    kenwood KDC-U346. it's brand new. nung una kong ininstall ok siya. then after 2 days yun nagloko na. after a few days uli nag ok. tapos bumalik uli.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Baka pirated version yang MP3 CD mo. Try to play original CD's for better sound quality. Consult the store where you bought the head unit.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If the noise is present only during MP3 playback, it's a HU problem. Bring it back to the store and have it replaced with the same model and try again.

If it's a line noise caused by the vehicle's electrical system, then you should hear buzzing/static regardless of the music source.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for the inputs! haaaay. problem is, binili yung unit sa abroad. i'll try to check kung global ang warranty and if there's a kenwood service center that can honor it. thanks again

Static on left side speakers when playing mp3