New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Let me start off by saying I'm totally clueless pag-dating sa car audio...

Anyway di na masyado maganda tunog ng speakers ko, both in terms of clarity and oomph. Stock lang ng corolla yung speakers.

I just want my sound system to sound decent, and I think replacing the speakers is definitely in order. Not really interested in subs and amps, just good speakers.

I'm looking to spend as little as possible on this, pero di ako makapag-set ng budget kasi wala talaga akong idea about car audio. What speakers should I get? Where can I get them and around how much will I be spending? For whatever it's worth, I'm looking at replacing both front and rear speakers. If it makes any difference, pioneer 2850 ang HU ko.

TIA for all your answers.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    A few things: what sort of music do you listen to? How much are you willing to spend? How loud do you play your music?

Good speakers almost always need to be driven by an amp to achieve their full potential. Most HUs can output maybe 15 to 24W per channel continuously. You can get good speakers rated at 50W and probably be ok. Huge difference from stock. Hopefully, you will stop at that. But a good 50Wx4 amp won't take up too much trunk space.

Price could be anywhere from 5K to 30K per pair depending on the brand and model. And you need two pairs. Though some people prefer just having a front set.

There are two ways to go: buy the best you can and stick to it 'til it dies, or buy what you can afford right now and upgrade later.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung budget seps lang talaga, go for targa. (mga 1500)

next in line is jbl then dls
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    kung budget seps lang talaga, go for targa. (mga 1500)

next in line is jbl then dls
    yup.. then kung bitin pa its ur choice of other brands there.. like rockforf, lightning audio, kicker

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    for further help, i suggest you try logging on www.kotseaudioclub.com dami ka matututunan dun!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks for the answers guys. A friend of mine na medyo may konting alam sa car audio said yung stock speakers ko may treble and mid naman, and recommended that I just get an amp and a single 12" sub. Sayang naman daw yung speakers ko, ok pa naman daw. Talagang mahina lang ang bass.

Does this make sense? Is this just a matter of getting the hardware he told me I should get? Thanks again peeps.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba pa rin ang stock speakers from aftermarket speakers. gaganda pero not as good as a decent pair of seps.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    the_noise: before you buy replacement speakers for your ride, i would highly recommend that you first buy a decent head unit (sorry, I cannot ascertain your Pioneer 2850 HU as I couldn't find it in the net).

My older van used to have pathetic sound. Then, I bought a head unit with higher power output (something like 45W per channel) [and capable of playing MP3 files].

It made a lot of difference even with stock speakers. I never changed the speakers after that and I am very satisfied with my setup, with my style of music, i.e. something to keep me awake while I am driving....

My 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Here's my HU pioneer deh 2850mp

It's supposed to be a pretty good HU, I think the 'lowest' model pioneer that can play mp3s and wmas.

Overall the sound is ok, pero pag medyo medyo may bass na yung kanta, medyo nabibitin na.

I don't really need much, basta swabe lang pa rin kahit medyo malakas na yung volume.

For whatever it's worth... I listen to lots of different types of music, pero pansin yung bitin sa bass pag hiphop or house/club/trance yung tugtog. Doesn't have to be very loud kasi I like hearing the outside world pa rin, I just want my setup to be able to still sound good kahit malakas.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    install an amp and replace the speakers chief ;) worlds apart yan from stock. putting an amp doesnt necessarily mean its going to be loud. .. but rather, with proper tuning, the sound will be "fuller" and more detailed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
speakers