New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hello there...

i have an 89 paj, and i want to set-up its sounds...

i bought an hu na sony cdxgt81uw, and if i can remember it right, meron na sa paj ko na 2 unbranded na speakers sa harap, 2 boss na tweeters and a pair of 6x9 lanzar na speakers na nakabox....

estimate lang ang habol ko, and kahit hindi branded ang mga ilagay. and kung pwede ko pa gamitin mga speakers n stuff ko...hehehe

my mom told me my dad's gona buy me a new car this christmas, kaya baka masayang lang....

salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong setup habol mo? boom boom o clarity?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you ever do go branded, you can always transfer your sounds to your new car.

Anyways, Aura or Targa is a good sub to go with.. around 2k for 12" sub. Then Targa seps (I got mine at P1,350). Since you already have a headunit, you just need an amp, and new speakers and sub. Unless you wanna also change your headunit. Go with a sub instead of 6x9s..I think you'll appreciate the sounds more.

Amps, you have choices between V12 amps, Fenton amps,or Thunder Audio amp (that's what I'm using). Those are the budget amps. They're cheaper than mainstream and branded amps..but they do a lot of damage (the good kind hehehe). Since you'll be powering an entire system, I'd either go with V12 amps or Thunder Audio 4100. You'll need a 4 channel amp. Among the amps I mentioned, expect to pay between 2.5k-3.5k. I'm a thunder audio user, so I'm biased hehe. Great amp, because it's clean and powerful. 100rmsx4. And it's original..unlike V12 amps. Then wiring kit for the amp is about 1.4k including fuse and wires. That's the price I remember when I went to concorde last week. But better to have someone install it for you if you're unsure.

If you're totally happy with your speakers, then you don't need to change it. Maybe all you need is an amp to bring out the clarity and potential of your speakers. But, if you'd like a little more boom, then you can go with a sealed box for sound quality and a 10 or 12 inch subwoofer. Or you can go ported if you want loud bass that feels like it's in your chest...and be heard down the street. You can get a sealed box for as low as 1k. Ported boxes are bigger in size, and cost a little more. You can spend as low as 1.5k-5k+ depending on what you're after..and depending on your box builder.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    +1 kay KrisKros, pero dude ok naman ang v12 a ung sakin ung pula ung may fan nakalimutan ko na model, 1 amp setup lang ako pero kabooooom!!!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    well, preferably, i'll go for clarity..but a little boom won't hurt...hehehe

so it means i won't be using my 6x9's na?

the setup you mentioned, kriskros, is okey na. actually kahit 2nd hand nga lang pwede na rin, for ilang months lang naman eh. budget nalang muna ako. i'll spend more nalang sa dec pag nakuha ko na kotche, plus xmas cash.hehehe

hindi ba mahal sa concorde? dun rin ako bumibili dati para sa kotche ko
    -------

sa head unit naman, bagong bili ko pa lang eh. but i have an option to return it, coz i have 2other choices,

ito ung akin ngayon, http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/CDX-GT81UW

but im considering these other hus

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailsComponent

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailsComponent

i've read here about some negative reviews kasi sa xplod ng sony. halos same prices lang naman sila. gusto ko lang dun sa sony is yung usb input.

---------------

last na rin is yung saan kaya maganda magpaayos? meron ako dati sa cuba, yung sa tapat ng rustans. dati rin is mickey's, nung hindi pa sila sikat. hehehe antipolo kasi ako. gusto ko sana is malapit lang. heared about nung araneta car accessories, kaso malayo.

plus should i buy the amps, subs, etc sa same shop na pagagawan ko? or sa ibang store nalang?

maraming salamat!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can always buy from a different store and have it installed in your preferred shop. you can try mach2audio. marcos highway din sila.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    I

Anyways, Aura or Targa is a good sub to go with.. around 2k for 12" sub. Then Targa seps (I got mine at P1,350).
    bossing, san po kayo nakabili ng targa seps for P1,350.00 at gano po kalaki?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    you can always buy from a different store and have it installed in your preferred shop. you can try mach2audio. marcos highway din sila.
    hmm...mura ba diyan?san sa marcos yan?

sounds estimate...