New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    franci_rod: JL? I think you'll go over your budget with that But IMO its worth it, malambot ang tunog niyan. IMO you can go without the RCA outs, the installer will just get a signal from the front speakers, but if you're really after sound quality, save up a little bit for a quality HU - Alphine and Pioneer 1-DIN are good bang for the buck HUs, will set you back around 5K-25K depending on the model.
    Hehe! For sure lampas na nga. Now I'm really torn wether to get a good HU first or sub setup muna. Tempted na nga rin ako mag sub station na lang kaso "aesthetically" wala sya dating. Hehe! Which one should I get first? I'm more inclined to do with the HU first, total meron naman stock, but will it cost me more for the installer to use converters and then scrap them later once I've saved up for my new HU? :confused:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For those HU which don't have RCA out you use powered Subs since they have high input signal connection you can tap it to your rear speakers thru parallel connection or a good technician can make new audio out then you can have RCA cunnector. I think the best is to change new HU rather than doing some conversion on your OEM HU

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i have an innova, set up with 2 15" targas... d ko na nagagamit 3rd row seats. pero ok lang, i'm lovin' it

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    There are many amplified subs with the high input...try Blaupunkt ODSB around 8,800.00, Dub 8At 9,500.00, Infinity Bass Link 14,500.00.

Those sound good on SUvs and Auvs. Good clarity bass with a li'l kick.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... change your HU, seps & tweeters first... the stock sound system of the Fortuner doesn't sound that good to begin with. the tweeters sounds too high-pitched... the mids is lacking... the lows are almost nonexistent.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I wish I can have this HU. I feel this is the perfect one for me and my Fortuner. Wish I had that much money though. Meron kaya dito niyan sa Pinas?

AVH-P6800DVD
    In-Dash Double-DIN 6-Disc DVD/CD Multimedia AV Receiver

6 Disc DVD/CD Player
    The AVH-P6800DVD is our ultimate AV receiver that now includes a "6 DVD/CD Player" built in along with the other entertaining functions and features. You can now load up to 6 of your favorite movies or CD's to entertain friends and family for that long or short trip. Entertainment made easy and definitely enjoyable.

MP3/WMA Playback
    Take your digital music files with you, whether they’re MP3 or WMA format. Burn files onto one CD-R and play them in any mix you want. Use the touch-panel to easily navigate through your file and folder lists to find exactly the song you are in the mood for.

Touch Panel Operation
    Using the touch panel system is a snap. Just touch large, bright icons on the screen to navigate menus and enjoy the enhanced interface features. This allows you to control the entire in-car system just by touching the on-screen buttons. The touch panel technology is fast, intuitive and precise, which makes it perfect for in-car use.

"Factory-Fit" Style
    The AVH-P6800DVD is designed for a perfect fit in many vehicles that feature a "double-DIN" size. The system seems to melt into the dashboard, providing a fit and finish similar to the factory systems.

iPod Adapter Ready with Enhanced Touch-Panel Interface
    Pioneer's CD-IB100II or CD-IB100 iPod adapter permits direct control and playback of iPod through the touch-panel. The AVH-P6800DVD can be connected with an iPod via this dedicated adapter, and using the touch panel, listeners can play iPod-recorded songs, scroll through the music library on their iPod, or select from several functions like Shuffle playback.

Play and Control iPod® via Your Headunit
    “iPod” is a lineup of digital audio players from Apple Computer, Inc. Despite the light weight and compact size — most iPods are pocket size — the Hard Disk Drive can hold up to 10,000 songs* downloaded from a computer. Pioneer's CD-IB100II iPod adapter permits direct control and playback of iPod through our “iPod® Adapter Ready” headunits. Compatible Pioneer headunits can be connected with an iPod via this dedicated adapter, and using the touch panel or soft keys, listeners can play iPod-recorded songs with the following convenient functions:

• Text Information Display
    Song/album titles, artist names, and track length — memorized by connected iPod — are conveniently displayed on the monitor or headunit display. This capability also permits multiple “search” functions, making it a snap to find a song to play back.

• Multiple “Search” Functions
    Just like looking for files stored on a PC, iPod-recorded songs may be sorted according to registered playlists, genres, artists, or albums to ensure easy access to each music file.

• Repeat Playback
    The Repeat Playback function offers two options — repeat playing of a particular song or playback of all tunes from a specified playlist.

• “Shuffle Songs” Function for Random Playback
    Everybody's favorite option for mixing things up, Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in the iPod music library. Every song is a pleasant surprise, and the more files that are stored in the iPod, the greater the surprise.

franci: Thats in the 50K-70K price range... tama ba? hehe. I'm not saying its not worth it, but you can get the same quality output if you put some of your money on a good pair of 2 way or even a 3 way seps. To give you an idea (eto estimate lang):
    Alphine 9xxx series HU (1-DIN) 22-25K
    JBL entry level 2-way seps 3-5K
    DLS entry level 2-way seps 5-6K
    MB Quart entry level 2-way seps 8K up
    pag 3-way you should add around 3-5K to the SRP of 2-way seps.

JBL 4 channel amp - 15K up
    Alpine 4 channel amp - 10k up

JL 10W6v2 - 30K +/-
    Last edited by ILuvDetailing; April 28th, 2006 at 01:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    franci: Thats in the 50K-70K price range... tama ba? hehe. I'm not saying its not worth it, but you can get the same quality output if you put some of your money on a good pair of 2 way or even a 3 way seps. To give you an idea (eto estimate lang):
    Alphine 9xxx series HU (1-DIN) 22-25K
    JBL entry level 2-way seps 3-5K
    DLS entry level 2-way seps 5-6K
    MB Quart entry level 2-way seps 8K up
    pag 3-way you should add around 3-5K to the SRP of 2-way seps.

JBL 4 channel amp - 15K up
    Alpine 4 channel amp - 10k up

JL 10W6v2 - 30K +/-
    ILD, thanks for the estimates. I'll definitely look into those options. Actually, "fantasizing" lang talaga ako 'bout the HU I posted. Hehe! Tama ka, nasa mga 75K yung HU pa lang. I saw some pics kasi of Fortuner owners na nag-convert to 1 DIN na HU, medyo di maganda eh. Suggeestion I got from others tend to lean more getting a good HU first. Wala kasi pre-outs yung stock.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    guys, question lang...I don't any auto shop is selling the Pioneer HU and accessory I posted above. Do you have any idea, or know of any shop, that can order this for me from their supplier?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    can anyone recomend me a good head unit w/ lcd dvd playr? umm..how much will it cost me,kung pwd ung mura lng..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sound setup for Toyota Fortuner