New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I recently changed my tucson HU with China DVD/CD/GPS/SD/USB/TV OEM look, etc. It improved the sound quality compared to the stock, but still not satisfied.. I just want to improved the sound clarity / quality. What do I need? The seller said it is already amplified and I just need a sub?

Can you please advisE/ is a slim sub will do the job? or it is better to add an ampli and then slim sub? I want a slim sub as I don't want to take up space, I just want it under the seat? Budget will be around 10K max. Tucson have 4 speakers and 2 tweeters already. What more do I need besides subs and ampli (if needed)? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The correct term is "amplified subwoofer" since there are subwoofers that are "slim subs" -- subwoofers that only need minimal cu.ft. enclosures to sound right. Hence take up less space than your conventional subwoofer.

The improved sound quality that comes from the jump from OEM HU to China made HU is probably due to the flattening of the EQ and better sound reproduction. In other words, your speakers now can tap certain frequencies that they're conventionally limited to. This is one of the reasons why I encourage people to get an aftermarket HU versus stock.

I can't help you with the amplified-sub-under-the-seat, however, I think it's better for you to switch your stock paper cones to something like a Targa (3000php~) or an entry-level Morel Maximo (5000php), have the head unit power them and just deaden the doors to improve midbass response. Later on, you can contemplate on whether to add a subwoofer.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Thanks! siguro nga, it is better to replace the 2 front speakers.. muna.. nabasa ko somewhere na JBL c608 GTI swak daw as replacement, is this an excellent choice? How much ba ung ganito ngayon? or Is this still available?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

I replaced my speakers and tweeters with MB Quart NAN216, and very very satisfied, might replace the 2 rear speakers na rin, in a few days.... laki ng diff sa stock.. thanks!

Sound setup advise for my DVD/CD/GPS/SD/USB China HU