New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi guys. I am new here. I just bought myself a 2nd hand nissan terrano.

I'd like to soup up it's sound system for my own personal enjoyment. However, my belief is... "if you are going to spend for something you love, go for the best."

Now, I asked a friend if what kind of set up I should use. Of course, the usual question is SPL or SQ? I answered him, I want my set up to be versatile. "Kumbaga, may ibubuga sa SQ meron din ibubuga sa SPL."

So, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to ask for your advice. Here are my questions:

1. Will an 18" kicker solo -x fit the back of my terrano without compromising the back seat space?

2. Is it advisable to have 2 subs (an 18 solo-x and another sub 10" for SQ)?

3. Will 2 subs fit the back space without, again, compromising the back seats?

Those are my basic questions. As you have noticed, I did not mention any for the seps because I think my very good "consultant" is adequate enough to solve this problem of mine.

I forgot the specs of the speakers we will buy soon but the brand is focal.

Any inputs will be a lot of help even inputs not concerning my questions.

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi..18"Solo-X you need to have atleast 6-7 cube/ft ported enclosure per sub (TOTAL Volume) Why TOTAL? because you need to consider Subwoofer displacement, bracings etc.. so you need to build a lot bigger than the normal 6 cube..And bare in mind Solo-X are power hungry "5000 RMS" and you need an Amplifier that can cope-up with your SUB..2 batteries most likely will last 3-4 songs only.. when played to its full potential..(Upgrade to your Power supply will difinetely needed). I have a friend his SOLO-X was in a 10 cube/ft tuned to 30hz.. 1 is enough to shake everything..Before buying this BEAST consider how much space you have to play..
    You can always get another sub for your (SQ) day to day drive..that if you don't mind lifting/removing your SOLO-X and the Enclosure..LOL

1- L5 15" 6 cubic( 4.8 cube including displacement) tuned to 34hz.
    ">

Sound set up for terrano