New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ezem View Post
    cheaper but better? anong brand po ito sir? planning to buy a new HU e with USB support, and aux in
    yes. afaik. there are variants ng Pioneer which has aux ins..
    may pro line din na may USB and Aux In that you can get at the 4k range.

although, ok naman ang Sony Xplod, imho.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ezem View Post
    cheaper but better? anong brand po ito sir? planning to buy a new HU e with USB support, and aux in
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    same opinion with meledson. for the same price range you can have a better sounding audio gears than sony xplod. if you plan to change your speakers (for sq set-up), just change your front speakers (seps). there are a lot of choices like targa, dls, focal, hertz, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    how much po budget nyo for the HU, sir? you may want to check pioneer 5050 or 6050 HU. i think both HU have usb connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes. afaik. there are variants ng Pioneer which has aux ins..

although, ok naman ang Sony Xplod, imho.
    Sa speakers, daming pagpipilian. JBL is also another option.

Sa HU, you cannot go wrong with a pioneer.

Depende talaga sa budget at kung SQ or SPL.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well, as far as im concerned... really dont like the quality of sony speakers... daming mas ok na speakers that are in the same price range na mas ok perfomance.

this is just me though.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Sa HU, you cannot go wrong with a pioneer.
    oooops... ingat lang pagbili ng pioneer HU. dami na peke. mismong suking tindahan ko ayaw na ako bigyan ng pioneers nila. "bumbay" daw kasi (ibig yata sabihin is di na orig). ang gagaan na rin ng HU nila.

back to topic: IMO ok ang sony xplode. pero kung sa speakers pioneer pa din ako.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    meron din ako nakita na may USB at aux in na SANSUI. May nakagamit na ba nito sa inyo? nasa 5k+ lang din sya.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    anyone tried the LG? USB n aux in din sya and cheaper than pioneer

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm quite amazed at how much the XPLOD series gets bashed in the Phil... I'm pretty certain that there aren't really that many USERS who made the reviews.

I've listened to XPLOD systems in demo cars, car shows etc and they're very decent for what you're getting (brand, price, warranty), and it's absurd for me to read more negative "reviews" by non-users about a well established entry level XPLOD series while hearing overblown praises on entry level Targas, for example. I know Targas are very decent, but far from being great, yet the bias is quite strong.

In addition, why compare a consumer brand to dedicated brands? Heck, even MB Quart entry level speakers are relative crap if you factor in the price and the name.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok naman sony xplod ah, katunayan dalawang sony xplod ang subs ko and head unit ko is sony xplod din, and im satisfied..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    meron din ako nakita na may USB at aux in na SANSUI. May nakagamit na ba nito sa inyo? nasa 5k+ lang din sya.
    sansui? san sutsut, uwi? they were quite popular on the home entertainment sector years back, but i have not had any reviews on their car entertainment systems.

remember that in getting an HU or any electronic equipment in that matter, its better if there are service providers that can handle your repair requirements locally. same as for the spare parts.

if this is the case and if you are on strict budget on an HU with complete features, then Sony Xplod is ok.

i would rather gamble on it than getting a fake Pioneer, or an original one with no service support available.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    drunkenmaster - IMO, if you can base your choice for your next set of seps by listening to the actual model for yourself. If it is possible for the shop to test it in your car then so much the better.

I used to rely on reviews too but then I learned via the hard way that in the end, it really depends on who is listening. I learned that what may sound crap to some maybe be heaven to others so it really depends on YOU as the user to determine the right sound you want - not what is popular or more expensive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Is Sony Xplod A Garbage?