New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i bought yung mga small tweeters na nilalagay sa dash.
    pano ikabit yung connections nun?
    rekta ba sa HU or naka konek sa front speakers?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i've never bought tweeters separately.

Usually as a set na separates. May kasama crossover.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you will need a high-pass filter to block out the low frequency signals (bass) to prevent damage to the tweeters. you can get them from raon or from your nearest deeco shop if you are on a budget. and if you are really on a budget then a 12 volt 100mf capacitor soldered before 1 of the 2 terminals of the tweeter will do (i assume low wattage lang naman yan tweeters na nabili mo).

if the tweeters have high wattage then you will need to get the complete filter set up (low, mid and high) and need to modify the wiring such that the main speakers (the front speakers, if it will be parallel to the front speakers) is also connected to the filter board (or crossover as it is commonly called). maiiba kasi ang total impedance nung speakers when connected in parallel and it might damage your hu. the output impedance R (usually rated at 8 ohms) must remain the same. since they will be connected in parallel then...

1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3....+R(series) and where 1/R2 = 1/R(tweeter) + 1/R(equiv resistance of capacitor)

if you get the complete board then you will not need to problem yourself with computing what resistors you will need to keep the impedance the same. mura lang naman yun sa deeco.
    Last edited by yebo; December 8th, 2006 at 10:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bumbili din ako niyan dati. Mga 10 years ago siguro. Yung Boschmann (Korea?) ang tatak.

Ang pag-wire niyan ay splice mo lang sa wires ng front speaker. Dapat may kasama na iyang inline filter (ito nga yata yung capacitor). Parang umbok ito dun sa wiring niya.

Disclaimer, hindi po ako electrician.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

small speakers (tweeters?)