New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    help na man po! :roll:

kung ang output ng HU ko ay 20 X 4 lang, what will happen to the sound if i change my front speakers to SEPS with 100 rms each? wala kasi pre amp yung HU ko kaya hindi daw pwede kabitan ng amp?

ano po advice nila? :?:

thanx!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    tutunog pa rin. but it won't sound as nice and powerful if you have an amplifier.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    will not sound clean....muddy 2nog and probably may distortion...(i'm assuming na nde gaano sensitive yung seps na nabili mo ah...<89db)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i'm eyeing on infinity seps kasi. yung output volume ba hihina compared to the oem speakers?

so ibig ba sabihin, useless magupgrade kung walang amp?

thanx for the replies!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    it will improve over the stock speakers but don't expect as much. mas maganda talaga pag may amp. sayang din naman kung magupgrade ng sound system without going all out. it took you an arm to get those nice speakers, why not maximize its performance by getting a nice clean amp di ba?

whats your HU?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hihini? depende...pag mas mababa sensitivity rating ng infinity spkrs mo as compared with the ones u have now

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cardsVR
    it will improve over the stock speakers but don't expect as much. mas maganda talaga pag may amp. sayang din naman kung magupgrade ng sound system without going all out. it took you an arm to get those nice speakers, why not maximize its performance by getting a nice clean amp di ba?

whats your HU?
    I'm with Cards on this. If you're just planning to run your new seps on your HU's power, better stick with the stock speakers (not unless sobrang basag na sila). To make use of the new seps, either replace your HU with an HU that can give you more power, or better yet have an amp installed.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    how about if i install a signal to RCA converter? para makabitan ng amp yung stock HU ko?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A-Boy, you can have the RCA outs custom made at Philsales in banawe....look for wilson...:D Pede ka na magkabit ng amp!

Although there are amps out there that also accept hi-level inputs (speaker outs/wires from ur HU), mas malinis lang talaga tunog ng low level (rca).

You can also opt just to change speakers, kahit seps ok. Just get a set with a low rms/nominal power rating (40w and below). That way, they will play well with your HUs power but won't be as loud as systems with a seperate amp. :wink:

Seps Wattage Ratings