New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i was wondering since i have a reciever (pioneer deh1950) with only 1 set of pre-outs, and i want to hook up a 4 channel amp with 2 sets of pre-outs, 1 being a sub pre-out, how would i go about doing this?

i hope someone can give me some advice on it since i'm stuck on my current hu (matagal pa bago mag-upgrade ulit ).

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddensmoke View Post
    i was wondering since i have a reciever (pioneer deh1950) with only 1 set of pre-outs, and i want to hook up a 4 channel amp with 2 sets of pre-outs, 1 being a sub pre-out, how would i go about doing this?

i hope someone can give me some advice on it since i'm stuck on my current hu (matagal pa bago mag-upgrade ulit ).

thanks!
    What's your amp make and model?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    v12 805 sir... budget meal setup lang po kasi...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I think what you're saying is your amp has 2 sets of line level inputs. Not too familiar with the v12 model but some amps will automatically send amplified signals to four speakers even with just one input. Try that.

And what are you driving with the amps? How many speakers? If you have only one set (L+R) then you only need one input.

Bili ka ng 2 Y-rca cable para maging 4 yung preouts mo.. 2 para sa sub at 2 para sa front speakers, yung rear speakers kahit wag mo na ikabit, o kaya idirect connect mo sa rear ng hu

o kaya kung gusto mo, yung front speakers connect mo sa front ng hu, yung rear kahit wag mo na connect (optional), tapos yung preouts connect mo sa amp sub input, bridged kung isa lang sub mo, at kung may FIE (Front Image Enhancer) yung hu mo, set mo sa ON.. oks na yan ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. Y-rca lang katapat niyan. you wont have control over your fader function though
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sa pagkakaintindi ko po bale mawawalan ako ng control sa fader... bukod po dun, may magiging difference po kaya sa ovarall sq pag ini-split ko po ang rca preout ng hu ko?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    are you goin to compete? if so yes may mga disadvantages ang naka Y connectors when it comes to linis ng tunog! and if not, pwede naman sa SQ set nasa own preference lang yan! if it sound good to you it may not sound so good to others IMO

Quote Originally Posted by toolightz View Post
    are you goin to compete? if so yes may mga disadvantages ang naka Y connectors when it comes to linis ng tunog! and if not, pwede naman sa SQ set nasa own preference lang yan! if it sound good to you it may not sound so good to others IMO
    x2.. agree ako diyan! hehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm using the DEH-2950. 1preout. ok naman siya. I'm using Y-RCA. So far so good, no problems. I just have a simple setup, single 12" sub, 1 amp, seps. The sound is ok, but I plan to upgrade my headunit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Reciever With Only 1 Set Of Pre-Outs