New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Guys help naman. I bought a 2003 Escape and I should have waited for 2004 for they sold models with rear sensors na. I am having trouble backing up at times cause walang sensors. How much kaya and where pwede magpakabit? Ano yung display mechanism non? just beep sound or may monitor. Paano kaya ikakabit sa dashboard ng escape baka masira.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    there are lots of aftermarket parking sonars available in the market. some ranging from 2, 4 or even 6 parking sensors! and parking indication would be from a simple beeping sound or a display at your rear view mirror. to elaborate more on this, mind if i direct to you on a different forum? go HERE please.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    just installed an aftermarket sonar w/ 4 sensors on the bimmer, voice distance indicator type. oks na oks. just dont get those cheap sonars.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    just installed an aftermarket sonar w/ 4 sensors on the bimmer, voice distance indicator type. oks na oks. just dont get those cheap sonars.
    Hi BlueBimmer,
    Can you please give details on the sensor that you bought? What is the brand? Where did you buy this? How much? Do they have this in Silver?
    I am planning to buy one for my car and I agree that I should not get a cheap model. However, most of those I ask come from China or Taiwan? The nearest that I found is from Audiovox in Shang which is a 4-piece backup sensor with color silver. But this costs P4,500 and is made from Taiwan. I am looking for a recommended model.
    I am also confused on the range. One said that it will continuously been when it detects an object within 1 meter while the other is 2 meters. Is this adjustable? I want a unit who can tell me when an object is 1 foot near and not 1 meter which is still too far.
    Advanced thanks for your reply.
    Regards, Greenlight

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    yeah i want the voice indicator type.. how much yon? Found one at SM city n. edsa.. beep beep type (hehe) .. 2400 taiwan. 2 sensors. 2800 yata for four. konti choices. banawe ba the best? Please give light. Thanks. I want my escape to have that convenience.... hay

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    check mo sa WinterPine.. had one installed there..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the brand is Poron, model Micro 5S. Talks in english, feminine voice by meters. variable voice distance indicator from 4M to 0.4M to crash. got it brandnew for 5k+ from a friend. try asking around for the brand.

pics:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    bluebimmer, what does the feminine voice says? like "1 meter..0.5 meters.." ganun?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    bluebimmer, what does the feminine voice says? like "1 meter..0.5 meters.." ganun?
    yep, 4 mtrs., 3.5mtrs, 3 mtrs, 2.5 mtrs, 2 mtrs, 1.4mtrs, 1mtr, 0.8 mtr, 0.4mtr, crash. it will also say 'object in blind area' if meron

Rear Sonars for Escape