New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga paps, question lang po. gusto ko sanang magkaroon ng subs para lumakas ang bass output ng sound system ko. pero problem lang is i would like to put it under the third row seats sa ganon may space pa ko sa likod for other cargo. anong size po ng subs ang marerecommend nyo and usually magkano ang subs na ganon ang size?

btw my ride is suzuki apv gen 1 (er, old model)

thanks paps!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    First, measure how big a box can fit under the seat.

2nd, check if hour HU have RCA outputs, if not, you can use 2 channels of your HU as the signal source of your planned sub. If your ride uses all 4 channels (4 speakers) you have to sacrifice a pair of channels for the sub.

Mayroon mga powered slim subs you can use under the seats for SQ.

If there is a space between the 3rd row seat and the back door, you can utilize this to have a bigger custom box. Bigger box = bigger diameter subwoofers.

Having too much of the good thing (a powerful sub) can actually be bad. baka ang sub na lang ang marinig.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    brother... you are just making yourself prone to what they call "upgrade itch". i suggest you think long-term. if you think your the typical bass head, i don't suggest this. better get a decent sub with a calculated box powered by a decent amp. just make it detachable so you can remove it once in a while just in case you badly need the space.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAG_LORD View Post
    brother... you are just making yourself prone to what they call "upgrade itch". i suggest you think long-term. if you think your the typical bass head, i don't suggest this. better get a decent sub with a calculated box powered by a decent amp. just make it detachable so you can remove it once in a while just in case you badly need the space.
    +1.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    better get a decent sub with a calculated box powered by a decent amp.
    paps, this means that ang sub may kasama ng amp sa mismong packaging nito? still a newbie on this mga sirs.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    paps, this means that ang sub may kasama ng amp sa mismong packaging nito? still a newbie on this mga sirs.
    i think you are speaking about the amplified bass tubes. this are the type of subs na may built-in amps to power them. for space savers this might be a good idea. but on this type of subs, you'll always get what you had paid for.

saken lang is better get a decent 12" subs, a good calculated box to house it(make it ported so you can also feel a little "umph") and if budget permits get a decent amp. or better invest on a better amp so there'll be some rooms for upgrades next time or in the future.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe two linked 8 inch to 10 inch subwoofers in a ported box fitted under the 3rd row seats would give enough punch, yet fit under the seats.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think you are speaking about the amplified bass tubes. this are the type of subs na may built-in amps to power them. for space savers this might be a good idea. but on this type of subs, you'll always get what you had paid for.

saken lang is better get a decent 12" subs, a good calculated box to house it(make it ported so you can also feel a little "umph") and if budget permits get a decent amp. or better invest on a better amp so there'll be some rooms for upgrades next time or in the future.
    maki tanong nalang din po ako tungkol sa subs na may built-in amp meron kasi akong extra 2 8" targa sub paano ko ba to magamit? pede ko ba to e add sa setup ko? ang setup ko ngayon is pioneer 4050 HU, 2 x652c targa sep and 10" Thunder Audio sub with built-in amp na.. binili ko kasi to dahil mallit lang space ko sa likod and ok naman po ang sound kaya lang may extra pa akong 2 8" targa sub gsto ko sana gamitin...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    tsong metanoya, sa ilalim ng 3rd row mo ba lalagay yan, or dun sa cargo space sa likod ng third row?

*paps drag lord: if that's the case, do you recommend those being sold by concorde? may mga nakita akong mga cylindrical subs na dinidisplay nila sa labas ng store nila.

thanks po mga paps!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    j-six

eto yung project ko DIY lang .. di pa tapos.... pero i think we are on the same phase.. although kinda different lang location. sa akin kasi sa SIDE ng 3rd row seat ang target ko... plus i've move my amp sa 3rd row seat under naman..
    post ko latest pix sometime this weekend.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2998264

re: subs under third row seats