New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

my head unit is DEH-P6450, stated na 50X4 daw ito Mofset.. the question is if I will change my stock speakers into Boston acoustics separates...rally series RC620 kaya ba?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    50x4 is peak watts. The RMS of your Pioneer model is 22x4 watts RMS.

You have to check the minimum RMS input requirements of your separates.

We have the same Pioneer MOSFET-based HU (but diff. model). My seps require min. of 50W RMS per channel. Connected to the 22x4 RMS HU, the sound is already good at normal listening levels. Underpowered since I have no ext. amp, but the sound suits me fine for my own taste.

If you want to give justice to your seps' capabilities, feed it with its required input power (read: ext. amp). :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mgam: ganun ba... hmm sige siguro i'll get an amp muna

thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uy singit lang po ah...
    ano po ba ung MOSFET fueature ng pioneer?

tska would addng an amp dun sa set up ni mgam, can give the required min RMS of the spes?i mean ma meemeet ba nya ung 50wrms ng seps if u add an amp?

ano po ba ung RMS?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a 6450 and i tried to power my boston pro 6.5 with the hu before. it sounds okay at lower volume but clips at higher volume but when i added an amp okay na siya. boston speakers give good mid bass but are power hungry. suggest you buy an amp

RMS: Root Mean Square: A method of calculating the average power generated by a sinusoidal waveform. Used for comparing amplifier power, it is a more realistic measure than 'peak' power or 'peak-to-peak' power.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    MOSFET: Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor. It just means that the output of the built in amp of the HU is using this kind of transistor. Benefits are that it has more stable operation at high power levels. It can also amplify a higher signal before it starts clipping.

Question with regards Pioneer DEH-P6450