New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    pwede po ba yung stock headunit ng tucson gamit ko sa sound setup ko meaning pag nag amp and seps ako?
    and any reccomendations kasi po ayaw paalis ng erpats ko yung head unit.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    pwede naman.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Yes. You just need an amplifier that accepts line inputs rather than the conventional RCAs. If not, the use of a line-out converter would be ideal.

The stock head unit of the Tucson will only get you so far. If you really want good sound, you would need an external processor. There's nothing bad in OEM head units. Heck, I'm using the OEM head unit of the Hyundai Sonata and I daresay I could win any normal car show sound quality competition.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    But your using a high end processor that gives you a lot of tuning flexibility. And your HU may be stock but the rest of your system is just wow!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Binubuking ako ni userfriendly eh

In the modern day era, most of our head units have pretty good internals compared to those in the 1980s. Plus, head unit nowadays are becoming more and more integrated with the car. However, stock systems are only as good as those of aftermarket head units in the Php5,000 range. What you're really missing out is the tuning flexiblity (T/A, crossover settings, EQ bands, etc.) hence a processor would cover your bad points there well enough.

However, if your setup consists of those na "budget", then there's little point in purchasing a processor since these go for 30k upwards (BitOne, MS8, H800). If your idea of a sound setup is those of changing the speakers, getting an amplifier, getting a subwoofer, and having a total bill of less than 30k, I would vouch that you stay with the stock system. I've heard many stock head units before.. and frankly, normal people would say they're great. Definitely a big leap from stock car audio.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    thanks sir i would definetly try it!

question for my setup